Shoe glue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of a good glue to glue the soles of my shoe back on? Over the years, I have tried, a variety of glues and substances, (like tube and tile silicone) but so far, nothing that has lasted too long. I've got three pairs of work boots in my closet right now that have plenty of life left on the soles, but the soles are falling off the uppers - anyone with some super stick'em I could use and not loose my sole?

Since it is Holy Week, I feel this is a fitting topic.

thumbsup2.gif

Napa sells a black rubber cement for sealing windshields. I had about a half tube of it laying around for a couple of years, and the neighbor who is a very nice person but doesn't have have an extra two cents to rub together, one day came over with a cheap shoe with plenty of life left in the sole, but the sole was falling off. I used that glue and let it set for a day. I dries flexible, waterproof, with good grip on what you put it on, and in general is a great strong glue. A few weeks later she brought the mate to the firs shoe over for the same treatment.

However one note of caution, this glue is a little on the messy side. Wear old clothes that you don't care if you get black glue in them, and use plenty of masking tape and paper to mask off the rest of the shoe that you don't want to get glue on. Because once you get this stuff on parts where it does not belong it is a bear to keep rubbing on it with something like a pop-sickle stick to wear it enough to get it to come loose.

As just mentioned, windshield urethane would be the ultimate.

Something else great, is PL Premium Construction Adhesive. It comes in caulking gun tubes. I used it on my dress shoes and it is fantastic. It is beige in colour. Be careful, excess might squeeze out and get on your shoe. Don't get any on the top part of your shoe, it will ruin its appearance forever.
My dress shoes were fantastic after and the sole is now firmly attached.

I put the construction adhesive on, squeeze down on the shoe with something like a heavy book or whatever to keep it together, and wait a couple of days for the adhesive to fully dry.

glad this topic came up. my wife's nike's rubber sole just popped off while walking. she was gonna throw them away, they look almost new too. gonna try this shoe glue on it and see if it works.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Hardware stores, Walmart, some grocery stores, sporting goods stores.

Another place to look if they don't have it in stock is your Local Hobby shop's. A lot if guy's who have RC cars (myself included) use it for multiple purposes. One thing though, the price will likely be higher compared to the options above since it's been repackaged. Another good option is CA Glue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back