Shocks recommendations for 2002 F150?

KYB Excel-Gs are a twin-tube shock. Fine for a “normal” car. I’d look into a monotube shock like KYB’s Gas-A-Just/Monomax or Bilstein. Monroe used to make a monotube shock a while ago.
I would too, but because I wanted a firmer shock which all those you listed, are. The Excel-G is their softer shock and I agree that after some wear, will soften up some, but it may not be enough.

Shocks on a older pickup are not particularly hard to change (unless the bolts rust out), so given all I've read, I'd just get the Monroes (OE Spectrum or Monroe-Matic Plus) as they tend to be about as soft as you can get.

On the other hand he just replaced "every suspension component in my truck" so there's a cumulative effect of stiffness from that too, and that too will break in and be softer after a while.

It was stated there's a lift, does that mean larger tires too? Maybe just run a little lower air pressure and wait and see how much the suspension settles in?

Edit: Oops, didn't notice this was an old topic, though I'll leave the above as it could be relevant to others in same situation.

Hey all. I replaced the shocks on my 02 F150 2WD with KYB Excel-G’s and I’m not too crazy about them as they feel a bit stiff for my liking. I grabbed those shocks after replacing every suspension component in my truck because I read a few reviews on different sites where people liked them a lot, but that’s just not the case with me after actually owning them. Are there softer shocks out there that anyone could recommend?
I have said KYB shocks are stiff see above.

Back