Shock and Strut Recommendation

Get the KYB's. I used them on a Oldsmobile Intrigue and they rode great. Ordered those from tire rack.

I would avoid the Monroe's.

For a 2006 car with a lot of miles, I would bet that price is going to be important.

I put ebay quick struts on my wife's scion when it hit 90k. and rear shocks.

I forget the brand but there are a lot of strut companies out there on ebay.

Car rides better for sure, but I swear the front lowered about an inch over stock ride height.

Car is much safer than worn out struts.

Put KYB shocks on the rear of my 2011 Mazda CX-7. Stiffer that factory and made a vehicle that never had that 'boulevard' ride even less comfortable. Am replacing them with factory units.

I recently changed the rear shocks on my Juke and was looking into different brands. Decided to simply get the model # off the OEM and get the same exact thing from an online genuine Nissan parts distributor as I liked the very firm handling of the car in stock form as they are KYB from the factory. That place had them $50 cheaper per shock than the dealership quoted me for the same exact thing.

We had a stretch of some temps in the upper 30's so it was time to get the front and rear struts changed out. I went KYB Strut Plus ($190 for both) upfront and Gabriel Ultra mounts ($130 for both) in the rear. The OE suspension was totally done! The difference is fantastic. Thanks for the recommendations.

Just installed KYB Gas Adjust shocks on my 2002 Ford F-150 4X4. Only 3 hundred miles so far and they are working as good or better than any shock absorber I've ever used. Installed at 141,000 miles
I have a feeling these will last quite some time. I hope, anyway.
Very satisfied.

Back