Shell now has 20% more "nitrogen cleaning system"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this in an email, thought people here might be interested:

"In today's economy, Americans are keeping their vehicles longer, so protect your investment every time you fill up and every time you drive with Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines. With 20% more of the patented Shell Nitrogen Cleaning System than before, Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines actively clean and protect intake valves and fuel injectors from performance-robbing gunk. No other gasoline protects better!"

I have no idea what Shell's "Patented Nitrogen Cleaning System" is.

One wonders what is going to happen when the % of Direct injection cars goes up and up and up. I guess this would work for a Lexus direct injection, because of their upstream fuel nozzles, but everyone else wouldn't see a benefit.

The new Mobil gasoline detergent formulation seems to perform well when ever the TERMINAL HAS good base fuel - which is TE EXCEPTION RATER THAN THE NORMAL month. IS EXxon-Mobil claiming top-tier detergency levels now (also)?

Exxon/Mobil/Esso has always been part of the whole "top tier" gas alliance. Not that it means much. Independent testing showed that BP has had as much or more detergents than some of these top tier players, despite BP not being officially on the top tier list.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Exxon/Mobil/Esso has always been part of the whole "top tier" gas alliance. Not that it means much. Independent testing showed that BP has had as much or more detergents than some of these top tier players, despite BP not being officially on the top tier list.

While BP has just as much if not more than some of the Top Tier brands, I consistently take a hit on MPG when I use BP. Doesn't matter if on highway, city, or a mix between the two.

The only gas Ill make an effort to get is Irving. True Irving-refined gasoline I believe is the best in the hemisphere.

SHELL 89 is all I run
19.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The only gas Ill make an effort to get is Irving. True Irving-refined gasoline I believe is the best in the hemisphere.

This has to be a sarcastic comment! Well, may be not. I do try to fill at Mobil/Exxon or Shell (or Chevron) stations most of the time and avoid most other but I will never claim either of them are "the best in the hemisphere" :)

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The new Mobil gasoline detergent formulation seems to perform well when ever the TERMINAL HAS good base fuel - which is TE EXCEPTION RATER THAN THE NORMAL month. IS EXxon-Mobil claiming top-tier detergency levels now (also)?

arco did you borrow chevyboy's phone.. while I dont agree with your wild comments usually they at least are dangerously understandable if misguided...

but I couldn't make heads or tails out of that at all.

Last edited:

Detergent levels aren't as important as the performance of the overall detergent package, hence the discussions on these boards regarding the best fuel system cleaning additives based not only on the concentration of cleaners, but the types of cleaners used. That is why Top Tier is a performance standard and any deviation from the add pack used in a Top Tier fuel (even increasing additive concentrations) requires re-testing in order for it to keep the Top Tier designation. A certain concentration of PEA in one fuel (Chevron with Techron) may clean better than a higher concentration of another cleaner in another brand of fuel.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

arco did you borrow chevyboy's phone.. while I dont agree with your wild comments usually they at least are dangerously understandable if misguided...

but I couldn't make heads or tails out of that at all.
Sorry - I have to type fast at work on my DELL optiplex 790 and use no spell check. I would never ever text on a phone - I still use a 30 dollar "free Net10" super cheapo( but very friendly) LG basic phone. "Misguided" would be heeding the advice of the non-professional posts on this forum - which would be over 99 percent of the posts. This is no NORIA.

Last edited:
I recall XoM NOT being listed in the past. We have a new and aggressivly tweaked Barracuda filter deployed here at work and I cannot access most websites.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

and how do you know if Irv has refined it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back