Shelf life of Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Pennzoil tech support:
smile.gif

Thank you for your interest in our product. The shelf life of the Pennzoil Platinum is 5 years under the conditions you describe.(stored in 68*F basement unopened) After this time the additives may start to drop out of solution. In addition oil is normally improved about every 3-5 years and the newer vehicles are designed to run on the latest oils for warranty and optimum performance issues.
Sincerely
Product Technical Service

makes sense. I store my 100 bottles in the 2nd bedroom closet. I wouldn't hoard oil if I was buying a new car every 2-3 years because of the ever changing API specs

I probably need to look in my oil shrine and figure out which oil that I have is the oldest because I started hoarding in early 2003. it's four years later. so time is a runnin out
grin.gif

Speaking of, Canadian Tire has old oil randomly appear sometimes. Just last week I saw the sudden arrival of a dozen jugs of SJ Quaker State. I wonder if they dug it out of some corner of the warehouse or if someone returned old oil they found in their garage. They were really dusty too.

I'm sure people try to scam them. I did a double-take on the green QS jug that had a QS synthetic sticker on it. I'm sure someone bought one of each, switched the stickers, and returned the "synthetic".

Says after 5 years additives may drop out of solution. So all you have to do is shake your bottles every few years.

I got about 220 quarts of closeout oil and I don't worry about the 'new' GF5, GF6....etc...oils in the future.

Now if oil stayed at 49 cents per quart, I would not have to stock up.

With all the oil closeouts they had in the past year, I just had to stock up. Plus I maintain 7 family members cars so I need to buy oil as cheap as possible.

220 quarts kept in their original boxes take up very little space if stacked nice and neat.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back