Shake before serving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: Mr_Incredible
I always kill a chicken over my oil change goods.

Can't hurt. Might help.

Don't forget to wave it over your head while standing on one leg too!

And in the light of a full moon.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: Mr_Incredible
I always kill a chicken over my oil change goods.

Can't hurt. Might help.

Don't forget to wave it over your head while standing on one leg too!

What if it's a 55 gallon drum?
shocked2.gif

No...the chicken...

Last summer, I changed oil in the tranny of my vintage Mercury that takes type "F" transmission oil. The tranny takes about 12 quarts. I had 6 quarts of SuperTech type F and 6 quarts of Pennzoil type F. I emptied the six quart of SuperTech in the tranny and started to pour in the Pennzoil. The SuperTech bottles were dark, but the Pennzoil bottles were yellow and you could easily see through the bottom of the containers. The Pennzoil had been sitting on a shelf for about a year and I noticed a residue on the bottom of the quart containers. After that, I would pour about half of it out, shake up the remaining oil in the containers to break up the residue of deposits that was sitting on the bottom and then pour it out. I went back to the SuperTech containers, inspected them, and noticed they had residue on the bottom also. I then put some Pennzoil in the SuperTech bottles, shook them up and then poured that oil in the tranny.
Since then, I've shaken up all my containers of oil before pouring them into the engine or transmission.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Shaking puts a lot of air into the oil and prob causes more problems than the imaginary lack of additives.

And when the oil drops from the valve train back to the oil pan, a lot of it gets beaten by the rotating crankshaft. I don't see any problems with my vehicles getting 250K miles on them after the oil was beaten many hundreds of thousands of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back