Adventures in Oil Recycling/Disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to convince my neighbor to put it in his pristine old Merc diesel. For some reason, he just isn't biting.
LOL.gif

Tell me this, not like I don't have enough oil stashed for the purpose, but would anyone ever consider filtering synth through a TP setup and then maybe mixing in some SLOB and using it for a lawn mower?

I use Walmart used oil storage plastic jug, holds about 12 Quarts. I put a oil catch pan under the car, drop oil in it, then transfer the oil to this oil storage jug. Take this jug to county landfill, which is about 10 mile total jog, they are nice, other including Wally world ask you to go through paper work, and they are not intrested in talking with you. County landfill people are nice.

I have 5 or 6 old, large cat litter jugs that I empty my drain pan into when I do an oil change. Each jug will hold about 2 changes worth of used oil. When they're all full, I haul them down to AAP or JL and have them dump the jugs, making sure I get the jugs back, of course. They always seem cheesed that I want the jugs back.

Wow you guys have it bad...my city has a complete recycling plan and they pick up hazmat materials at the curb 2 times a month. They use waste oil to heat garages I believe for the service department. FWIW, the new waste oil furnaces are very efficient. So, I just take my used oil out to the curb and away it goes. They took 2 gallons this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back