Seriously, not buying from Ashley Furniture again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my wife and I got married last year and rented an apartment, I had gone to Ashley's and used their card and bought 3500 worth of furniture(living room, bed room etc) and purchased the $500 extended warranty coverage. Card was paid off in 4 months no interest etc.

A year and 2 days goes by and my side of the bed basically collapses. It's a sleigh bed frame and the wood support on my side for the box-spring/mattress snapped off and broke the whole beam support. I literally went to sit on the center portion of my side to put socks on for work and I ended up on the floor.

So going to my warranty, I confirmed at the time of purchase that its a no hassle, quick warranty/exchange. Sleepy's warranty is great and figured that Ashley's would be the same..(at the time). Fast forward 7 days later after filing with them, they finally "approve" my claim.

They aren't going to send a person out to my apartment to check if any of the other items are damaged. They are going to send me what I described(and I don't know [censored] I described). It is going to take 2-4 WEEKS! SERIOUSLY? So who is supposed to put this stupid new rail back in? To top it off, they will not warranty the replaced item. The rest of the bed is warrantied for 5 years, but this one item will no longer be covered????? seriously?

I just shot them an email back telling them I was sold on the premise it was to be "quick and easy". 2-4 weeks is not quick, nor was it easy to get the claim. And the warranty is horrid. I even questioned them on sending a person out to make sure nothing else is broken. This should be interesting..

Last edited:
We bought 2 leather couches from them along with the Scotch Guard leather protector to extend the warranty out to 5 years. About a year later the leather color on one seat of the couch started to flake off. It is the side that rarely gets sat on. I called them and they called it cosmetic and said it wasn't covered. Apparently puncture is covered, so I am thinking of taking a screw driver to it.
We had similar problems on another recliner that had mechanism problems. I am pretty much done with them too.

There is a reason why Ashley furniture is usually the lowest price in the furniture store, and has a reputation for less than stellar quality.

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
We buy from local owned stores.

Your local owned stores don't carry different furniture brands? One of which could be Ashley furniture?

Or do your local owned stores manufacture their own furniture?

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
We buy from local owned stores.

Us too...a bit more, but worth it.

We bought from gardner white....never again.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Your local owned stores don't carry different furniture brands? One of which could be Ashley furniture?

Ashley is a store, not a brand. They do sell fairly low quality graded stuff in the brands they carry compare to places like Macy's, Jennifer Convertible, Scandinavian Design, etc but slightly better than IKEA.

Last edited:
gimme some info and I can run it up the flagpole, my sister in laws dad founded/majority owns the company....(yeah, my brother married well)

Originally Posted By: QuadDriver
gimme some info and I can run it up the flagpole, my sister in laws dad founded/majority owns the company....(yeah, my brother married well)

can you hook me up with a discount bro?

I'm waiting for clarification from them. I asked if they are going to replace the whole bed or just the rail. And I demanded they send someone out to look at the bed to make sure nothing else is damaged.

I went with Ashley's because its "better" than Bob's Furniture or so I thought. Raymour and Flanigan is just tooooooooo expensive and House of Norway(really sweet furniture) is for the insanely wealthy($10k dollar love seat?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back