Carmax warranty

I have had good experiences with Carmax warranty but with car sales down and rumors of car business going out of business I am wondering if I should cancel my warranty. Or should I just take a risk of losing it? I have 3 years and 60000 miles to go. Think carmax is going out of business in the near future?

Last edited:
They won't go out of business. Whoever is backing them financially will see to that. Never underestimate greedy bankers and too big to fail. The casualties of this bubblw bursting will be small dealerships and "buy here pay here" type of car lots.

Okay, that's just about all I could get out of my crystal ball this morning. 🔮

CarMax has been around for decades, and there seems to be enough people willing to overpay for their cars to keep them in business. At least as long as Carvana is still in business (and I'm still not sure how that is happening), CarMax should be fine.

As long as the current Dealership model exists where folks are taken advantage of by unfair practices from salesmen and finance folks, Carmax will have a niche.

Besides researching (determining) the fair price for a vehicle, what else is there to do?

I assume the warranty Carmax (or anybody else) offers has to be assessed too.

Carmax isn’t going anywhere. I agree with the others. I never even heard talk of them going out of business. I’m not understanding why it’s even a subject matter.

Maybe because Amazon is getting into online automobile sales?
But I think that is just new vehicles with Hyundai to be the first this year.
I don’t know what the business model will be, but I assume it will be just the same as Sam’s Club and Costco where you were still need the dealer network

Does Carmax do ATF change? I want to get a Lexus IS 350 or some used luxury from then and have the ATF changed by them while in extended warranty.

Back