Sepsis is no joke!

Wife has had a liver/kidney transplant and an additional kidney transplant since the first didn't function well. Since then she has had sepsis 3 times. First was due to a perforated ulcer. The last two including right now (inpatient at hospital) were UTI related
These turn bad quickly with a suppressed immune system.

Take care of yourself guys and gals. Don't be afraid to see a doctor quickly.

And she is improving and should be out of the hospital in a few days. I swear she has cat lives.

I had a friend in HS , who had it twice by the time she was 20.. one doctor told her she had the immune system of an AIDS patient...( while just barely peaking into the Hospital room, acting afraid to enter...)
she also had a severe eating disorder...sure that didn't help....

My mom had it thanks to a kidney stone, was pretty bad, she was delirious, which, if not treated, can lead to permanent damage apparently. She's OK now, but terrified of getting it again.

I have a friend that got sepsis from a UTI. Nothing to fool with. Ended up in the hospital for a week, and then on to rehab to get her off of the painkillers! She became delirious as well, which they also addressed in rehab.
Nasty stuff.

Best wishes to your wife and I hope she enjoys a speedy and full recovery without too much pain.
Best wishes to you as well since being a helpless observer of a spouse in serious distress is hard.
It's always scary to have something like a septic infection.

My mom had it thanks to a kidney stone, was pretty bad, she was delirious, which, if not treated, can lead to permanent damage apparently. She's OK now, but terrified of getting it again.
Yes my wife went through the same thing the second time she got it. They had to tie down to the bed and that traumatized her even morel

I had a friend in HS , who had it twice by the time she was 20.. one doctor told her she had the immune system of an AIDS patient...( while just barely peaking into the Hospital room, acting afraid to enter...)
she also had a severe eating disorder...sure that didn't help....
Yes nutrition plays a huge role in your immune system

I won't tell you how much the Dapto, Vanco or Meropenem is that is filled in the IV bulbs. on top of that most of that stuff anymore is kind of like carbonation or force-fed so you don't need a pump to rent.

Sepsis kills a whole lot more people than we could ever think about.

Urinary tract infections being one of the biggest causes in our older adults.

Once an infection goes into the blood stream… it is a ticking time bomb that when it goes off… it’s can easily be game/ life over. And that can happen extremely quickly in some circumstances.

Hardest thing I ever had to do… I had to tell my own mom that the person ( her mom ) who she loved most dearly in this entire world… There was no coming back and that she would not and could not over come being septic… My grandmother passed away 2 days later.

Last edited:
Back