Selling my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth what an unencumbered party is willing to pay for it. "Offer" and "payment" are not synonymous.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Well...I might be. I was offered dang near twice what it's worth

Well he didn't say what it was worth of course. It might be worth $100 and he was offered $185. That qualifies as "dang near twice what it's is worth"
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
A 1979 truck? In the rustbelt?

A rust free super cab long bed 4x4, with a Cummins swap that looks factory... to the extent of working AC & cruise control.

My imaginary magic 8-ball says you were offered $5850 for it. Of course that thing hasn't worked well for a long time.

Anyway, regardless of the dollars and cents of it, if the guy offered what you think is close to twice its value, then he probably wants it a lot more than you do. It'd be nice to let him have it, but if you do you're out a truck. The next big question is whether or not that money will buy you something as good or better than it is. If you think you can make that happen: sell.

Of course, what does it cost to replace? IIRC you aren't particularly keen on the modern bells and whistles and repair costs. You could be offered 2x what it's worth on the market, yet still be 10x below what it's worth to you, based upon what it'd cost to replace.

Of course, if you have no use for it, and are looking to fund the next project, well that's different.

Originally Posted By: whip
If some one offers me almost twice the value of something, I sell it.

Heck yes, and buy something that doesn't exceed the proceeds(by much anyway!).

Sold it.
smile.gif

frown.gif

I kind of miss it...but I will not miss two hours with a pressure washer every time it snowed.

Hello, Please fill in a few details.
$ you got for the truck.
Miles on the Cherokee.
What you want to spend on the new compact truck.

What galls me is how lousy the fuel mileage of "little trucks" is.

Whatever you do I'd think twice about buying any Dodge truck.
My friend's Dakota rusted and cracked like a sofa sat on by an elephant.
And my friend said that '95 Dakota was the last of the "good ones".
They're ALWAYS for sale around here which tells me they are }censored{. Kira

Got $7300 (!) for the Fummins, spent maybe $200 to deliver it to the guy.

Cherokee has 209K.

Want to spend as little as I can...ideally, about $2500.

I'm looking at Dakotas...would love a 1993-96 square-body truck. Looking at a 4-banger 95 RC/SB and a V8 2001 EC tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back