Sedan or coupe with easiest entry/exit?

My wife absolutely loves how easy my Scion xB is to enter and exit compared to her Corolla. She’s thinking about a new car but wants an actual car with a trunk instead of a crossover or SUV with a hatch. What current production sedans or coupes are a little taller so they are easy to enter and exit?

Is the xB easy getting in and out of? My son has been car shopping, and has mentioned this; he needs easy in/out (due to disability). Our CRV isn't bad, but now that I've verified it has a wiped cam, I'm thinking I need a backup vehicle for him. [He also likes to find cheap Jeeps, and I just smile and nod on those "finds".]

Otherwise, am curious too.

I don't know your wife, but the only reason some people don't want an SUV is because they don't want people seeing the crap they have in the rear because it might get stolen while at the mall. They make a cargo cover for say if she got a new RAV4.

Is the xB easy getting in and out of?
it is surprisingly easy. It’s like the seat is at the level of your bottom when standing so you basically just slide in. With her Corolla I have to lower myself into the seat and with my truck I have to climb up. With the toaster we just slide in.

My in-laws needed a car to get in/out easily. They tried an Odyssey, a Sienna, a 4Runner, and all these were sold within a year or less. Currently they settled on facelifted LS430. They liked it so much that they bought one more.
PROS: Easy to get in/out. Huge trunk. Spacious for 5 adults. Comfortable 28-30MPG on the highway, and V8 torque on demand.
CONS: a timing belt every 100k miles. Outdated, but classy interior. So reliable that it may outlast you, that's a con for people who try to ride cars until the wheels fall off...they can't with LS430.

P.S. The following LS460 is definitely a dark spot on Lexus reputation...

Currently they settled on facelifted LS430. They liked it so much that they bought one more.
It kinda sounds like they're looking at new cars. A 16 year old at newest Lexus might not be under consideration as the OP specified current production. You can get a Subaru legacy with a small dealer installed lift apparently. I've seen crosstreks and outback locally but no Legacys. Could be fun.

It kinda sounds like they're looking at new cars. A 16 year old at newest Lexus might not be under consideration as the OP specified current production. You can get a Subaru legacy with a small dealer installed lift apparently. I've seen crosstreks and outback locally but no Legacys. Could be fun.
Only brought it up because they also initially looked at newer vehicles, but then prices started to hike up, and they took a step back and reconsidered. So far they, their backs & joints, and their wallets are all happy with both LS430 vehicles.

A slightly used 3.6L Legacy or Outback would be an awesome choice as well. Less troublesome than the 2.5L.

The ease of entry and exit is why I keep my 1990 Ford Ranger with the extra cab a XLT model. Just back up to the seat and drop on it. Swig my legs in and I'm ready to go. Same way getting out is easy.

Back