Searching on Google for parts has become nearly useless.

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but searching for a Cardone 22242 steering rack on Google. Enter that in the box, and click on "Shopping," and I get turbochargers, axles, window motors, etc. What's the use of a "search engine" if the search results are garbage? Forget that, go to Rock Auto and order one there for $145 delivered and including the nonsense $4 core. Not trying come off as RA fanboy or something but Google search is useless for many things.

Google is useless in more ways that one. Remember they are an advertising company not a tech company anymore. Everything Google does from it's gmail to Android OS to search is designed to gain as much insight about you so that that information can be sold to advertisers. Google has become so entrenched that nobody seems to care to bother with better options.

Its always hit or miss when searching for part numbers online. Sometimes you find that something not related at all shares the same part number or the part number isn't in the search results even though you did enter it. Its frustrating and I feel your pain!

Google is useless in more ways that one. Remember they are an advertising company not a tech company anymore. Everything Google does from it's gmail to Android OS to search is designed to gain as much insight about you so that that information can be sold to advertisers. Google has become so entrenched that nobody seems to care to bother with better options.

Is Altavista still around?

I'm old school... Lycos, Excite, Infoseek, Yahoo, Altavista. I was a teen when they came out and.. it's just a different world than the year 2000 now, I'm sorry to say.

Life used to be fun.

I don't use Google, but instead DuckDuckGo. Google tracks you and its results are too compromised.
May want to look at this, it appears they are hooked up with Microsoft trackers but still better than Google.

For you pet lovers.

I don't use Google, but instead DuckDuckGo. Google tracks you and its results are too compromised.

As a rule, I'd suggest Rock Auto first, then a search.
I’ve found duck duck go to be horrible in most ways. I love the concept, but way more advertising or monetized link websites than useful content.

I’ve found car part searching in general has gotten worse. For example for my euro cars, if I search FCP or Pelican for example, a ton of useless oils and additives and tools pop up instead of what I’m looking for. The old (pre AAP worldpac type sites were far better.

Get that bad boy right on the kitchen table and put a $30 seal kit in it.
That was considered, but after seeing what a pain it was to take out and what it will be to put in, I'm not sure I wan't to risk it compared to a factory rebuilt job where they can pressure test it for leaks on the bench.

That was considered, but after seeing what a pain it was to take out and what it will be to put in, I'm not sure I wan't to risk it compared to a factory rebuilt job where they can pressure test it for leaks on the bench.
Easy job really, if a min wage OJT migrant worker in Texas (sad but true) can do it so can almost anyone.

Many search engines include similar items to what you are searching for. But in some cases you know exactly what you want and don't want similar items. But other cases similar items might be helpful.

When I Googled it, all the hits were for the rack...along with this warning :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2024-01-04 204406.jpg

Back