Searches for Multiple Words

How do I do a search for "Kimber Revolver"? I tried the "+" and the "&" between "Kimber Revolver"

Kimber+Revolver Kimber&Revolver

How do I do a search for "Kimber Revolver"? I tried the "+" and the "&" between "Kimber Revolver"

Kimber+Revolver Kimber&Revolver
Are you trying to use Boolean operators?

Last search engine I saw used those was Altavista (everything just gradually became Google)

I wasn’t searching for “Kimber revolver”.

That was just an example. Hominy cheesy pops :oops:

If I want to find all posts on this forum with the word “snaggle” and the word “foggle” listed in a post side by side with only an empty space between them, how exactly would I type those 2 words in the search bar on this forum?

I know I would need my eyes and my fingers and some degree of manual dexterity and depth perception (and a minimal level of consciousness).

Do insert some hieroglyphic symbol between “snaggle” and “foggle”?

I wasn’t searching for “Kimber revolver”.

That was just an example. Hominy cheesy pops :oops:
You literally wrote:
How do I do a search for "Kimber Revolver"?

If I want to find all posts on this forum with the word “snaggle” and the word “foggle” listed in a post side by side with only an empty space between them, how exactly would I type those 2 words in the search bar on this forum?

I know I would need my eyes and my fingers and some degree of manual dexterity and depth perception (and a minimal level of consciousness).

Do insert some hieroglyphic symbol between “snaggle” and “foggle”?
You would just enter "snaggle foggle"

Quattro Pete, that method doesn’t work.

It will pull up each individual word as well.

I only want posts that include those 2 words side by side.

Last edited:
The search engine simply may not support phrases like that. If putting two words in " signs doesn't work, I can't imagine any other method. The "advanced search" doesn't offer anything additionally helpful either.

Just looked at another thread and found the phrase "IPvFoo browser extension". I'd say that's pretty unique.... Searching for it, with quote signs around it .... found it. Searching for "kimber revolver" also found results but only from this thread. That strongly suggests that phrase was never used elsewhere on the site. Searching for "kimber" gets lots of results but none followed with the word "revolver" (I only checked the 1st page of results).

Just looked at another thread and found the phrase "IPvFoo browser extension". I'd say that's pretty unique.... Searching for it, with quote signs around it .... found it. Searching for "kimber revolver" also found results but only from this thread. That strongly suggests that phrase was never used elsewhere on the site. Searching for "kimber" gets lots of results but none followed with the word "revolver" (I only checked the 1st page of results).
I wasn’t looking for “Kimber revolver”. That was just an example.

What exactly does not work? It seems to work fine for me.
Screen shot please. I tried it and doesn't work for me. If I put "Kimber pistol" in the seach field, it will not show the string of the words Kimber and pistol together in the search results. They show up separately.

“Toyota coolant”

“Lexus radiator”

“Knuckle head”

Just picking. ;)

Quotes don’t work.

Quotes don’t work.
Quotes do work.

I searched kimber revolver and "kimber revolver" you'll get two different result sets.

The search on BITOG is a very good and fast search engine. Before XenForo, I used google when searching BITOG. Now that we use Elasticsearch I never use google, as Elasticsearch is fantastic.

There are no instances of "kimber revolver" on BITOG, but there are a few threads with both words kimber and revolver.

Back