RIP Gaston Glock

Gaston Glock is dead at 94. His Glock 17 design radically transformed the handgun market worldwide, and almost single-handedly made polymer and striker fired guns popular. He’s the main reason cops don’t carry revolvers anymore.

People will be shooting themselves in the leg for years to come because of his novel trigger and takedown design. Joking…mostly

I am not a Glock fan. They feel like crap in my hand. The compacts are worse than the big ones ergonomically speaking. They are great guns nonetheless. Glock's design may possibly be more influential than JMB's 1911.

My buddy interviewed with Glock down in GA many years ago. The HR guy was pleasant and asked, I believe, Gaston if he could take my buddy out for lunch and show him around, and the response was a prompt “NO he will stay here” in a authoritarian Austrian accent. I’ll try to get more details on the story. He had the job but he chose otherwise.

Talented man, and a visionary in more than a few ways.

Funny, I never liked shooting Glocks' trigger, feel, etc., but I seem to always shoot them well...says something about the design.

Every gun aficionado needs at least one high end as possible 1911 and a Glock 17 or 19. Every thing else is extra fluff.:cool:.

Back