Had no idea guns are available in so many color choices

I've been away from firearms for a while, today while wife was in Joanne Fabric I wandered into a CAL Ranch store, similar to Tractor Supply except with a gun department. What is with all the colored firearms? These are Kimber Micro 9s in Amethyst and Sapphire finish, $999 each. Yeah, Kimber has MIM parts blah blah (still?) not going there but are these marketed to well-heeled women? Lots of other colored handguns and long guns as well and not just various camo patterns. Still a purple handgun is better than none. (y)
View attachment 189337
That's nothing. You can 3d print stuff in any color you can find or have made for you.

If you think that's a lot of colors, check out the Girsan MC 14T Tip Up. there's like 5 but that's after they took away the purple, pink and 1 or 2 other colors. The ones left are actually tasteful IMHO.

I like wood.

Even my AK has wood furniture, albeit red. But I can do other colors and long as it's black or OD

Rail OD sm.JPG
1911s.JPG
AK202.JPG
AK101.JPG

If you are carrying a gun for self defense, it should look as scary as possible to the person you are trying to make go away and leave you alone.

A pink or green gun doesn't look very intimidating. It looks like a toy.
A gun carried for self defense isn't for brandishing without being used. It's not for pointing at potential bad guys and making threats. It could be bright pink and covered in glitter and it wouldn't matter as long as it works if it needed to be used.

If you're worried about how scary your gun looks to others then you need to study your state's gun laws and general dos and don'ts of carrying a gun.

A gun carried for self defense isn't for brandishing without being used. It's not for pointing at potential bad guys and making threats. It could be bright pink and covered in glitter and it wouldn't matter as long as it works if it needed to be used.

If you're worried about how scary your gun looks to others then you need to study your state's gun laws and general dos and don'ts of carrying a gun.
If you can make them go away without pulling the trigger, you will avoid a lot of legal trouble, expense, and possibly prison time.

If you can make them go away without pulling the trigger, you will avoid a lot of legal trouble, expense, and possibly prison time.
True of course, but doing that is technically illegal and now you're the bad guy.

Slippery slope. Be careful out there.

Back