Seal Conditioners-Mobil 1

That post was made by a PR rep. No one with a technical background talks like that.

75,000 miles is such an arbitrary and made up age. If my engine doesn't leak new and it doesn't leak at 75k miles and it doesn't leak at 150k miles, what's the difference?

Yet they recommend using HM oils at 75k miles.

It was quite arbitrary, This was the early to mid 1990's and some in Valvoline thought that 50K was higher mileage whereas others noted that cars were now routinely reaching 100,000 miles on conventional oils when well maintained. The middle ground was 75K...

That's what we were told as they rolled it out in drums at my VIOC...

Yes I remember when they rolled, max life out in drums only, and they didn't even have most of the stores didn't even have 5W-20. Most of the stores were just carrying 5w30 you had to get cases of the 10w30 Max life and the 10w40 Max life and it never even said synthetic blend on it..

Yes I remember when they rolled, max life out in drums only, and they didn't even have most of the stores didn't even have 5W-20. Most of the stores were just carrying 5w30 you had to get cases of the 10w30 Max life and the 10w40 Max life and it never even said synthetic blend on it..

I seem to recall a statement early Maxlife did not having any additional "Seal Sweller" per say but had a POE that had multiple purposes including additional seal swelling. If so since it contained a Group V I guess it comes down to your definition of blend.

Back