Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I see you're not that far away from NY.
Take your Jeep Compass here:

South Main Auto Repair
47 S Main St, Avoca, NY 14809
(607) 566-2225

His location is "New Brunswick", if that's the Canadian province and he's in Edmudston for example, that's an 11hr drive
crazy2.gif
If he's in Moncton, it is 14hrs. Hardly "not far".

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
His location is "New Brunswick", if that's the Canadian province and he's in Edmudston for example, that's an 11hr drive
crazy2.gif

Google Maps says "New Brunswick" is in New Jersey.
grin2.gif

crazy2.gif

Google Maps says "New Brunswick" is in New Jersey.
grin2.gif

Yes, I checked before I made that statement. That's why I said IF it is the Canadian province
wink.gif

Yes, I checked before I made that statement. That's why I said IF it is the Canadian province
wink.gif

I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. I assumed he was an honest red blooded American instead of one of those crooks that price gouge us on maple syrup.
grin2.gif

wink.gif

I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. I assumed he was an honest red blooded American instead of one of those crooks that price gouge us on maple syrup.
grin2.gif

Bah hahahahahhah!
grin.gif

Your state DMV dept of consumer protection and the BBB could be very helpful. I'd cut and paste in what you have here to BBB. You have nothing to lose. And that will be on the record of the dealership...assuming they have a BBB file.

The one time I followed the BBB route I finally got a reply from the dealer and my requested money back, even though it took 4-6 months. Don't assume that upper management is aware of the issue you are having with the service dept. Once when my insurance company would not address a fire in my car, I solicited the DMV CP. I got some help there and some of my claim covered.

My guess is the OP is in New Brunswick, Canada as that Lubrico Warranty Company is in Canada (http://www.lubrico.com) and I don't think they'd write polices in the USA.

I'd look into what you could get as far as a trade for something reliable (not a Chrysler corp vehicle) just to be done with it.

Have you called up the extended warranty company to see what they can cover to just get you back on the road to get out of this mess.

And this is why, despite the Mopar Lovers' chants, Chrysler vehicles are at the bottom of nearly every long term dependability survey in existence. They don't last.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What happened if it accidentally caught on fire ?
Just kidding.

Well it does have full coverage including fire haha

In 2010 or 11, a 2007 Compass owner left his vehicle in a high crime area of LA with the keys in it and the engine running with the driver's door open. It was found later that night by the local police department a few miles away and got towed for a parking violation of some kind.

The story goes that the owner could not get the transmission fixed or problems with the AWD and electrical system solved. The Compass was sent to auction from the impound yard when the owner refused to claim it and when it failed to sell for storage charges it was scrapped.

I have no idea who paid for what but this must be some kind of comment on the desirability and reputation of the Compass. Evidently the factory will stick the "Jeep" label on anything which means that it no longer stands for anything. RIP Jeep.

I am so sorry about this. Getting screwed once is hard enough but a 2nd time far worst.

Have peeked on forums to find a common cause for this awd issue. The other repairs besides awd you mention are normal likely of a low quality build car pre recession out of Detroit And given near 8 years old. It could be a wiring problem and not throw parts at it problem causing your woes.

I am curious why you did not contact the "warranty" company? If you can help it never buy one again third party as they are near scams at best and hard to collect on.

I peeked on forums and bad wiring is a common theme. Twice it showed up corroded wires under driver plastic foot rest On left with corroded wires. Can you get under there and peek?

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
The lesson here is don't buy a Chrysler product. Stick with Honda or Toyota if you want a reliable car.

I'd add Ford, GM, Mazda, Subaru, Nissan to that list as well.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
The lesson here is don't buy a Chrysler product. Stick with Honda or Toyota if you want a reliable car.

If you're a fan of blowing transmissions, knocking engines and brakes sized for golf carts, then I fully agree.

If you think Chrysler is more reliable overall than Honda or Toyota then you are dumb.

Last edited:
You say you did your research, but even common sense would tell you that these things are garbage. You must have went in wanting the car and putting on blinders so you didn't see the bad reviews and problems with these.

Also, you say you bought an extended warranty. Why has this car cost you a dime? Why hasn't the warranty paid for these repairs?

You're part of the reason the car took so long at the dealer. If it isn't done in a timely manner you need to go to the service manager and raise your voice. If he doesn't do anything, stomp your feet and yell in the lobby for the manager of the whole dealership.

You should have known beforehand that this car is garbage.

Dump it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back