Screwdrivers - which ones do you actually use?

Attachments

• 20230204_133145.jpg
    20230204_133145.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 4WD
Most screwdriver sets include a variety of lengths/sizes but most of them are either unused.....or get used for unintended purposes (e.g. prybar).

Which screwdrivers do you actually use? For me, the below screwdrivers cover 99% of my needs:

- #2 Phillips (standard length)
- #2 Phillips (mini)
- #1 Phillips
- #0 Phillips (extremely rare)
- 1/4" Flat Tip (standard length)
- 3/8" Flat Tip (long), but mostly used as a prybar.
- JIS #2 (standard)
- JIS #3 (Impacta)
Best screw driver I have is a 6 in 1 Klein, the "extended" version. use it all the time.

I contacted Tekton and they claim their markings will withstand solvents. I ordered the 4 pc set and I'll be immediately taking brake cleaner to the hard handles

Well the Tekton markings don't exactly withstand non-chlor brake cleaner. Here I went at the center two in the pic. Interestingly the PH2 came off much more which is REALLY unfortunate because that's the ONE I would like to retain it's marking (most used).
20230210_153731.jpg

They do stand up to Tub 'O Towels wipes just fine.

As I feared expecting any "paint" to withstand non-chlor is just asking too much. But there are other ways to do this instead of just applying a color on the surface of the handle. I'm kind of surprised no one seems to do that. The "Tekton" is cast into the handle...
20230210_161123.jpg

Back