Scotty knocks it out of the park again.

Tried to delete duplicate post but could not. Sorry.

Last edited:
No matter what you think of him personally, the man unearths and exposes so many scams in the automotive business and ALERTS the consumer, and
that alone makes him INVALUABLE. Of course the "bidness" loathes him for it. I've heard that he's been approached by major mfrs in the industry from car makers to
parts suppliers to essentially buy his silence for many millions of dollars and he refuses and said he will NEVER accept that kind of deal from anyone.

The guy is a legend because he cannot be bought at any price.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Scotty is like a blind pig- he finds an acorn every now and then. Every time I see him all I can think is that a village is missing its idiot.

And that's when he's sober. Imagine what he's like when he's drunk.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
No matter what you think of him personally, the man unearths and exposes so many scams in the automotive business and ALERTS the consumer, and
that alone makes him INVALUABLE. Of course the "bidness" loathes him for it. I've heard that he's been approached by major mfrs in the industry from car makers to
parts suppliers to essentially buy his silence for many millions of dollars and he refuses and said he will NEVER accept that kind of deal from anyone.

The guy is a legend because he cannot be bought at any price.

He's a legend all right- a legendary obnoxious tool.
On his best day.

On his best day.

Is Scotty "obnoxious" maybe, even probably so, but a "tool" never, if that was true the entire automotive industry wouldn't be trying to by his silence for many millions of dollars now would they?
crackmeup2.gif

On his best day.

Is Scotty "obnoxious" maybe, even probably so, but a "tool" never, if that was true the entire automotive industry wouldn't be trying to by his silence for many millions of dollars now would they?
crackmeup2.gif

He's a tool, a dangerous tool, which is why he gets money thrown at him, just like the orange monkey in casablanca.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
AC1DD said:
MCompact said:
He's a tool, a dangerous tool, which is why he gets money thrown at him, just like the orange monkey in casablanca.

I suppose he IS dangerous to the automotive industry, and as a consumer that's just fine with me. It's a very sleazy and unscrupulous industry whether car makers or service and repair the carp he uncovers and reveals is priceless to consumers.

I suppose he IS dangerous to the automotive industry, and as a consumer that's just fine with me. It's a very sleazy and unscrupulous industry whether car makers or service and repair the carp he uncovers and reveals is priceless to consumers.

Maybe if I start wearing a tinfoil hat I'll begin to share your opinion of him.

Maybe if I start wearing a tinfoil hat I'll begin to share your opinion of him.

Arrogance and condescension hallmarks of the automotive industry.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Internal water pumps aren't my favorite design. Old school design has more benefits to the owner.

I couldn't agree more on that. I'd assume avoid them if possible. What struck me was he ranted like this is some huge failure area on Nissan VQ V6s. I've owned two of them at this point and have had some in the family go crazy amounts of miles. I didn't even realize they had internal water pumps!

Also never heard of this failing on Subaru H6's

The VQ water pump almost can't cause a coolant leak into the crankcase because of the design, The area between the 2 bearings is vented to atmosphere behind the timing cover.

Ford has a similar feature, But it obviously doesn't work as designed at times
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

On his best day.

crackmeup2.gif

I have to say that he was "dangerous" in his ONE video... Where he did not properly support a vehicle and only used a hydraulic jack... Then said he had done it like that for 40+ years with no problems...

That... Is candidly extremely stupid and dangerous...

I know a man where I grew up who died... Under his vehicle.... Where a hydraulic jack failed...

Other than that I do like some of his videos. And I do think some of them could be helpful.

But he lost me on not properly supporting a vehicle while working underneath it.

Arrogance and condescension[sic] hallmarks of the automotive industry.
crazy2.gif

Excellent point- except for the salient fact that I don't work in the automotive industry.

Arrogance and condescension[sic] hallmarks of the automotive industry.
crazy2.gif

Excellent point- except for the salient fact that I don't work in the automotive industry.

One does not need to work in the automotive industry to air the hallmarks of the many that do.

This is priceless!

LoL ... ring that bell ... mushroom cloud. That guy is a young Scotty in the making, and his cluttered garage is on it's way too.

The "new" Scotty has really got the YouTube algorithm game figured out, just keep pump out the cr_p everyday doesn't matter what it is. Well to be fair he didn't figure that out at his age, he's got a content team for that and to tell him what subject to ramble on about each day.

Back