Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus 27.5x2.0

I got tired of the Kenda tires on my bike. I wanted the best possible puncture-resistant tires for road and gravel/dirt road I could get. These are clinchers with the heavy duty Schwalbe tubes. While they are heavy tires they roll great. First impressions: road traction is outstanding. Smooth dirt, some sand, and gravel are no problem. Very quiet running. Because these tires are designed for e-bikes they are extra durable and long-lasting. They come in at more like 1/3/4 inches wide rather than the nominal 2.0 inches but that could be due to my rims. They will probably widen 1/8 inch or so over time.

Schwalbe G-One allrounds were the worst tires I have ever used. Installed tubeless on my MTB with 27.5" wheels, for gravel rides, they would get flats if I so much as looked at a sharp rock, let alone riding over it. And when they did flat, the sealant (Stan's) never sealed as they were made of some kind of rubber compound that resisted sealing. Yet they were labelled and sold as "tubeless" tires. Maybe some of the other Schwalbe tires are good, but I'll never know because I'll never buy Schwalbe tires again.
I hope you have better luck with Schwalbe tires than I did. :)

I've never tried The G-One but I have been using the various iterations of the Marathon for over 30 years. They have never disappointed me. I only ever had one bike with tubeless tires and that was a racing bike when I was 15. I don't get pinch flats but punctures and that's why I have been sticking with clinchers and tubes. I also find patching the occasional tube oddly satisfying. That said, I haven't had a flat in over three years.

Those have a nice looking tread pattern.

I'm back on my bicycle and even with the Conti gator tires, steel wire gets through.

... I'm back on my bicycle and even with the Conti gator tires, steel wire gets through.
Goathead thorns (aka nature's tire spikes) are another one that can puncture almost any tire, even tubeless with sealant.

I have 3,000 + miles on 26" Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires. Happy with them but the rear is showing wear.

Last edited:
I've got Schwalbe Marathons on my commuter bike, similar tread patterns as those. Almost 5k on them. No complaints although their not as good at preventing punctures as they claim. Good on gravel paths and the road.

Back