Schaeffer’s Price increase again.

short

Site Donor 2022
Just got the email this morning.
12 to 15% increase across the board effective immediately, so no chance to stock up ahead of time. Also, it appears diesel oils are getting sparse.
Schaeffer’s is a great company selling a great product and I guess this is just a sign of the times.
They recently did a price increase at the end of 21 and I suspect todays increase will not be the only one this year.
9FFE99CE-6028-4288-AA23-5F009F4CB094.jpeg

I have enough stock to get through 22 but after that I’ll have some decisions to make. I had a gut feeling this was coming again.

I don't buy Shaeffers, however it does not surprise me. Across the board oil prices have been going up even just slightly, incrementally, and shelves are more bare than I've ever seen for oil.

no chance to stock up ahead of time.

As for the "no chance to stock up," I'm not so sure about that. I'd say you had 2 years or more to stock up. Remember when energy was cheap? In just the last year I've "stocked up" on 5000 qts of various oils thru various deals and being diligent. I've sold most of it, but have a decade of oil for myself in many weights and brands. Anyone paying a modicum of attention to the energy crisis, inflation, doubled gas prices, etc. and especially the daily discussion on this and other forums about such things, would have to have seen this coming.

Funny how I get mocked by some people about stocking up on items, namecalling, "hoarder" etc. This thread is why folks like myself buy in bulk, store items, and save money - a hedge
shortages and price increases.

I don't buy Shaeffers, however it does not surprise me. Across the board oil prices have been going up even just slightly, incrementally, and shelves are more bare than I've ever seen for oil.

As for the "no chance to stock up," I'm not so sure about that. I'd say you had 2 years or more to stock up. Remember when energy was cheap? In just the last year I've "stocked up" on 5000 qts of various oils thru various deals and being diligent. I've sold most of it, but have a decade of oil for myself in many weights and brands. Anyone paying a modicum of attention to the energy crisis, inflation, doubled gas prices, etc. and especially the daily discussion on this and other forums about such things, would have to have seen this coming.

Funny how I get mocked by some people about stocking up on items, namecalling, "hoarder" etc. This thread is why folks like myself buy in bulk, store items, and save money - a hedge
Sorry, most folks, even those with tons of space, dont care to tie up space or money in 5000 quarts of oil.

Vast, vast difference between making one last quick order to get some more before prices jump, and hoarding 5000 quarts just because oil was cheap.

I have enough stock to get through 22 but after that I’ll have some decisions to make. I had a gut feeling this was coming again.
Shame, but they did resist increases until 2020.

Last edited:
Just got the email this morning.
12 to 15% increase across the board effective immediately, so no chance to stock up ahead of time. Also, it appears diesel oils are getting sparse.
Schaeffer’s is a great company selling a great product and I guess this is just a sign of the times.
They recently did a price increase at the end of 21 and I suspect todays increase will not be the only one this year.
View attachment 93615
Buy http://www.hplubricants.com

I'm becoming someone I don't like.
I studied Schaeffer’s for years but I was never inclined to purchase it.

Not out of cheapness but I don't see the value in it I guess. That said many other do and this will hurt many I suppose.
I can't say what I want to say, because the rep on here of said company makes some great posts and, well, yeah.

I didn’t know there was an industry diesel oil shortage.

Why is blending HDEO any more difficult than PCMO ?

Last edited:

5000 quarts? Is all that next to the 2 tons of dry beans and 1000 cans of Spam?

Schaeffer’s is a smaller family type of company compared to the Shell and Mobil’s of the world.
The smaller outfit would have to raise prices immediately to keep up with inflationary costs.

The bigger outfits would lag behind, there would be accounting studies, managers reports and then board meetings, etc etc.

This Schaeffer’s price increase is a glimpse of things to come.

Sorry, most folks, even those with tons of space, dont care to tie up space or money in 5000 quarts of oil.

Vast, vast difference between making one last quick order to get some more before prices jump, and hoarding 5000 quarts just because oil was cheap.
Then I'd say some folks are not prepared, even when preparation is obvious, and they should pay more for the convenience and lack of preparedness, and otherwise wait out shortages and do without.
5000 quarts? Is all that next to the 2 tons of dry beans and 1000 cans of Spam?
LOL. If you only knew...
And arsenal of arms.

Need swords because bullets run out lol.
Oh, I have plenty of all 3.

Then I'd say some folks are not prepared, even when preparation is obvious, and they should pay more for the convenience and lack of preparedness, and otherwise wait out shortages and do without.

LOL. If you only knew...

Oh, I have plenty of all 3.
Underground bunker or bunkers. Buried 53' trailer like in Take Shelter? 🙂

Please remind me never to make you angry. LOL!

Stock up periods for regular wholesale customers before price increases are standard business practice. The period often is one delivery cycle, so every customer has a chance for a normal order. The size of the orders might be capped at an amount based on the volume of previous purchases.
I can't address why Schaeffer isn't doing this now. Maybe they never do.

A hoard of 5000 quarts is not preparedness, it's something else.
Yep. Figure 1000 X 5 quart jugs at $20 each and that’s a sizeable outlay for just motor oil.

Then if SHTF and the vehicle gets wrecked or whatever, there it sits.
How much premium synthetic oil (M1, Chevron, Valvoline, Castrol, Pennzoil, QS, etc.) would you buy at 10 cents per QUART?

How much premium synthetic oil (M1, Chevron, Valvoline, Castrol, Pennzoil, QS, etc.) would you buy at 10 cents per QUART?
Let’s see. I own over ten cars and I wouldn’t say that much…

5 quarts per change in a typical car, twice a year, I’d say 100 quarts would be reasonable. So you’re 50x that.

Back