Schaeffers #705 20W50 synthetic plus racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering using this oil in my race car. Does anyone have a VOA or UOA on this oil. The TD sheet for this oil indicates "two proven friction modifiers Micron moly and Penetro" I'm wondering how much moly is in this oil. Also, a question for the forum: does high moly content in motor oil have any detrimental effect on engine bearings i.e. copper? Thanks Mike

Originally Posted By: 331mike
I'm considering using this oil in my race car. Does anyone have a VOA or UOA on this oil. The TD sheet for this oil indicates "two proven friction modifiers Micron moly and Penetro" I'm wondering how much moly is in this oil. Also, a question for the forum: does high moly content in motor oil have any detrimental effect on engine bearings i.e. copper? Thanks Mike

Have you emailed the company with your questions?

Mobil 1 15w50 can be found at some Walmarts in 5 quart jugs for about $23 depending on the current sale usually a maximum of $25.

You sure you need a 20w50?

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: 331mike

Have you emailed the company with your questions?

Have you contacted 'salesrep,' a Schaeffer's Oil rep here on BITOG?

Yes I did contact a Schaeffers oil rep... she said the #705 has "around 1500ppm zinc" plus their 2 proven friction modifier's. I was also able to locate schaeffers " Moly Fact Sheet", which states: "Soluble Moly when they are properly stabilized and used at the recommended treatment levels will not corrode copper and copper containing components" Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back