'22 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0 GDI, Schaeffer 0W-20, K&P stainless mesh reusable oil filter, 2730mi OCI

Overall, looks good other than fuel dilution increased, but viscosity was in spec so I'm not too concerned. More short trips on this oil for sure though. If you notice, I ran my K&P "35 micron absolute" reusable stainless mesh oil filter this time around. I requested a particle count but Horizon claims they can't do them on used engine oil. 🤬 They say the laser can't accurately measure the particles in used engine oil and that the test is designed for hydraulic fluid. I replaced the filter with a Fram Ultra this time around and Mobil ESP 0W-30 as I'm out of Schaeffer oil and the Mobil was way easier to get and way cheaper. Could be the placebo effect but the engine seems smoother running the 0W-30 ESP and no drop in MPGs whatsoever. I'm really bummed that I couldn't get a particle count done on this K&P reusable oil filter. I think it did well, but who knows for sure? 🤷‍♂️ There was hardly anything on the strong magnet in the K&P. Just a smudge on my finger when I ran it across. Titanium is confirmed by Schaeffer to be an additive in their "old formula" 0W-20 that I ran. All in all no complaints! I'll probably start using the K&P oil filter again once my supply of Fram Ultra and Titaniums are depleted.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.jpeg
    IMG_1979.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 110
I just looked at my records. I last changed my oil on Feb 5th and have 13,850 miles on the car. LOL I only have about 2,100 miles on the oil but my 3 months are up and I want to run my current tank of fuel low seeing I have Redline SI-1 in it.

I just looked at my records. I last changed my oil on Feb 5th and have 13,850 miles on the car. LOL I only have about 2,100 miles on the oil but my 3 months are up and I want to run my current tank of fuel low seeing I have Redline SI-1 in it.
I run the same additive in my Subie, RV and boat. Great stuff. Get a case of it at a time on Amazon.🤙

Back