Schaeffer 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been investigating pretty much every 5w20 oil on the market for my new ride. Since I have used Schaeffer 5w40 diesel oil in the past with great success, I am curious about the 5w20. In searching this site I haven't been able to find much info. One UOA looks incredible while a couple of other people claim disappointing results. In viewing the specs for this oil I am a little concerned with a NOACK volatility of well over 13 and a TBN of only 7.5. I realize these are only a small part of the whole equation but most of the other oils I have researched seem to have better numbers. Several of us have talked about going together and purchasing a large order of Schaeffer oil so I am very interested in this product. My driving style is fairly conservative with 40 mile trips and virtually no short trips or idleing. I am planning on running around 5500 OCI with a Wix filter as long as I have warranty. Would I be better off with any of the other top flight 5w20 oils (MC, M1, PU/PP, Kendall, etc) or would Schaeffer be just as good? Thanks for the input. This site is incredible for people like me that aren't overly mechanically inclined but like to run good stuff.

I really havent seen any evidence they schaeffers is any better then PP,PU, or mobil 1. It does have more moly in it, but it seems like other additives are taking place of moly and zinc and doing just as well. So far I'm real happy with PU 5-20 and should be sending my sample in hopefully in the next 2 weeks with 8,000 miles on it

Schaeffer's makes great products, I've ran two OCI's with this oil in my Ranger and I like it alot. I'm awaiting the results of a UOA now. If you can get it for a good price, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back