saw horse choices

have been considering purchasing some new saw horses,at a reasonable price ,something that is sturdy and has rubber feet ,looked at some reviews on u-tube ,well mostly high buck items, i need some good input,

yes i have suffered with plastic saw horses ,need metal ones that fold,and can afford like wood but too bulky and take uo too much space

The Fulton Handy Horse is the most durable IME. I have the Fulton TS-11. These do not have rubber feet.

There are plenty of knock-offs. HD used to sell one under their HDX label -- complete garbage. I have another knock-off that is close to as good, but can't remember the name.

Lowe's may sell the Fulton or the acceptable copy.

The number one way they cheapen this style is to simply use a thinner gauge steel, and it makes a BIG difference. The second way is less stamping/ribbing, which of course makes all the difference.

I also have some from a brand called Protocol -- do NOT waste your time.

If you like bells and whistles, the Dewalt folding ones are nice, but I have doubts about the hinged plastic gusset between the legs.

I DO recommend committing to one style/brand as it seems height is anything but standard. Even Fulton copies are ~1" different than the real thing, and the DeWalts are MUCH taller.

Finally, I am NOT a carpenter. This is all in my shop, on a concrete floor. Usually used to just hold lengths of stock, or for crude carpentry projects, like supporting sheet goods to be ripped down.

wound up getting Bora work horse xt ,at farm and fleet near me, at a reasonable price ,like them over some other brands,nice and sturdy and compact ,,, thanks all for the input.

Reactions: D60
When I started with diy projects I made my own.

Then we needed some, and I got a set of black plastic Stanley ones. Very simple. Fold flat.

We kept those and consumed the diy wood ones.

When I have a need I’ll buy these:

IMG_6088.jpeg

Depending upon features they’re $50-65 each but I like that I can make two into a table with 2x4 structure along the long edges.

Reactions: D60
I was never one for saw horses. But after seeing these that my carpenter buddy had. I had to have them. They are pricey but fold up and are very ridged. you can use a 2x4 for the top piece and the top can be sacrificial. and if you want to make it taller use a 2x12.

I was never one for saw horses. But after seeing these that my carpenter buddy had. I had to have them. They are pricey but fold up and are very ridged. you can use a 2x4 for the top piece and the top can be sacrificial. and if you want to make it taller use a 2x12.

Wow, the Ace Tool link couldn't be less descriptive if they tried. I want to know sheetmetal gauge because the price is $$$$ for four legs.

So, I figured go to the source. Their site is equally unhelpful and the Contact Us has a non-working script.

Hard pass. I've never understood being a small business trying to sell a product and not providing an easy way for your customers to reach you.

In regard to the Great White saw horses, I would say they are probably around 16-18 gauge. When you put a set together there is absolutely no wiggle to them at all. You can make them 3' long or 10' long. 2 horses could hold an engine. If you wanted I could get a thickness on the steel. They are galvanized.

Back