saturn piston soak question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm doing a piston soak on my 98 Saturn sl2 using mmo and I'm wondering how do I get the fluid out of each cylinder before I fire it up. After I poured it in I realized it doesn't have enough power to blow the fluid out. I cranked it a couple times after putting the fluid in to see and it won't blow it back out. So should I just not worry about it ? Let me know thanks all.

Turkey baster, with a tube attached as necessary.

Go to saturnfans.com for step-by-step details.

If it didn't come out it drained around your pistons and is in your oil pan. No biggie, but it does say your rings aren't sealing great.

I put rolled up paper towels in my spark plug tubes then let the engine shoot them across the driveway. They're soaked in MMO when this happens, BTW.

I didn't see anything on there site about getting the fluid out. Most people I guess just crank it and blow it out......

I put in about 2 oz in each cylinder so not a whole lot I can still see the liquid in there but it doesnt shoot out the floid or the rag . It moves it but it doesn't fly off

For something like this, you need a cleaner designed for this. AC Delco combustion chamber cleaner works very well.

Using MMO for this task is like trying to degrease an engine with Johnson & Johnson "No more tears" kids shampoo.

perform-combustion-chamber-service-car-800x800.jpg

If mmo doesn't work ill give it a Shot. Why is every one down on mmo I've seen it free up seized engines. And the Saturn guys swear by the stuff

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
If mmo doesn't work ill give it a Shot. Why is every one down on mmo I've seen it free up seized engines. And the Saturn guys swear by the stuff

I've seen WD40 do the same. Doesn't mean it is good for removing the varnish that causes the stuck rings in your car though
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
For something like this, you need a cleaner designed for this. AC Delco combustion chamber cleaner works very well.

Using MMO for this task is like trying to degrease an engine with Johnson & Johnson "No more tears" kids shampoo.

perform-combustion-chamber-service-car-800x800.jpg

Right.
Unless you are trying to unseize an engine, MMO is not so hot compared to dedicated CC solvents.
But your CCs may be clear enough to put the plugs in and start it. The MMO way have gone down the exhaust when you cranked it with the plugs out. [at least most of it].

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Is that AC Delco can available either locally or over ebay?

I used to buy it at Benson Auto Parts, but NAPA should also be able to get it. I use it to clean out TB's, it works better than carb cleaner at removing varnish. Also fantastic for cleaning out IAC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back