Same filter, 3 different applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured out that I can use the same filter for three different vehicles, that I change the oil on.

2000 GMC Sierra 5300
2000 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4 DOHC
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 5300

The two trucks taking the same filter wasn't a surprise, but the 4 cylinder in the Pontiac was.

I will be using the bigger AC PF61 / NAPA-Wix 1522 equivalent on all three vehicles.

Too bad there's a fourth vehicle, a '99 Park Avenue, that takes an AC Delco PF47... Four vehicles and one filter would have really been nice.

Yes, one part number is nice. Currently all of the extended fleet use 3/4-16 thread filter. I really miss the bogo at AA for the AATG filters. While I didn't keep it to one part number, I could grab a variety for whatever I was going to service ..and they all fit.

Yeah, since I started hanging around here, doing some research, and listening to guys like Gary, I've been able to cut down the number of filters I have to stock, too.
thumbsup2.gif

What's really neat is some of the cross-applications, like the MC FL400S/Puro L20195 (and equivalents) that my Taurus "X" takes will also fit my Briggs/Stratton and Kohler garden tractors. OEM filters for those tractors are $10-12!!

Or, my all-time favorite, the WIX 51334 (and equivalents) that my J-D Yanmar diesels require will also fit brother #2's Kubota, and brothers 1 & 2's Honda motorcycles. I think I read in here somewhere that they'll work on some Subaru models, too.

Now, if I could just find some other apps for the FL820S that my Expedition takes....
54.gif

A lot of the newer DC vehicles use the same filter. My mom's Stratus uses the same filter as my Jeep. If you wanted to run a bigger filter on your Park Ave AC Delco's PF52 is roughly 50% bigger. I used them on my 3.4 Camaro for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back