Dealership AC Delco Filter VS Part Store

I read a couple of threads that the AC Delco filters at the dealers are different then the ones you get at the part store. I never believed it and always thought it was just the dealer trying to upsell filters. Fast forward to today. I was at the Chevy dealer getting my silverado serviced. I have a Chevy impala that takes the same filter PF63E and it will be coming up for service soon I do that car myself since it is out of warranty. Anyway I went ahead and bought the filter from the dealer. It’s different then the ones I used from advance. Thicker gasket, holes are a little smaller, and it is heavier weight wise. Still an ecore but seems to be a heavier built ecore. Me thinks I will get them at the dealer from now on. Same price so why not

I read a couple of threads that the AC Delco filters at the dealers are different then the ones you get at the part store. I never believed it and always thought it was just the dealer trying to upsell filters. Fast forward to today. I was at the Chevy dealer getting my silverado serviced. I have a Chevy impala that takes the same filter PF63E and it will be coming up for service soon I do that car myself since it is out of warranty. Anyway I went ahead and bought the filter from the dealer. It’s different then the ones I used from advance. Thicker gasket, holes are a little smaller, and it is heavier weight wise. Still an ecore but seems to be a heavier built ecore. Me thinks I will get them at the dealer from now on. Same price so why not
Most likely that is because the dealer stock is newer stock. PF63e got a redesign last year

Very possible. If so they really beefed up the design. Wonder if they went with metal end caps?

PF63 part numbers have changed multiple times with design change and a fancy boxed versions. you most likley got 19383806 with the flatter gasket before and 19419227 from the dealer. I forget the boxed filter number off hand.

Very possible. If so they really beefed up the design. Wonder if they went with metal end caps?
Without seeing a pic can't definitively say, however the Champ Labs made ACDelco and others like Super Tech now use the ecore cage with metal endcaps and poppet bypass. The previous ACDelco ecore used the fiber/felt like endcaps with separate poppet bypass. ACDelco however, never went with a combo valve design used on other ecores including older ST (ST3614 still) and Champ labeled jobber.

Again without seeing pic, I'm going with Timmastertech's explanation here.

Back