OIL Filter AC Delco or NAPA Gold?

I bought a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 last year. The dealership has always changed my oil but recently built a garage and can do my own again. What is everyones opinion on the OEM AC Delco oil filter vs the NAPA Gold? If switch to the NAPA one would there be any chance of a warranty claim being denied due to using an aftermarket filter? Truck takes the AC Delco PF63E i do believe

Either is fine, but I'd go with the Napa Gold if you are going by your OLM and stretching your interval past 6-7,000 miles. Using a Napa Gold filter (and other brand names) will never jeopardize your new vehicle warranty. Look for Napa Gold sales that occur fairly often.

Last edited:
All things consider including beta efficiency and silicone adbv on the NG, that would be my choice.

That said, for ~5k mi./6month fci either should be fine. Really, most any OF 'should' be able handle that fci.

Any oil filter from a major company maybe except certain Pure oil later company fmodels will be fine.

I prefer an original look when I check under the hood and if I see an AC Delco filter I think the owner cared enough to spend a little more to have it dealer serviced instead of taking it to a quick lube place. Of course you're not doing that I know, but AC Delco is easy to find, low cost, and won't have a hassle if a warranty issue comes up.

I bought a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 last year. The dealership has always changed my oil but recently built a garage and can do my own again. What is everyones opinion on the OEM AC Delco oil filter vs the NAPA Gold? If switch to the NAPA one would there be any chance of a warranty claim being denied due to using an aftermarket filter? Truck takes the AC Delco PF63E i do believe
when I bought my truck (Ram) I asked specifically if I could change my own oil and how this might affect warranty. They said to pick an oil and filter that met the requirements/specifications. They also recommended to keep proof of purchase with mileage and everything would be fine. So if the Napa meets the requirements you are good (and it probably does), if it bothers you then use the AC Delco.

Just my $0.02

22 PSI Bypass on the AC Delco PF63E as recommended by GM. That doesn’t matter to some folks but I’m a firm believer in the engineering of the oil pump and system should all work completely as designed.

Edit: Napa filters that cross reference to the PF63E are also rated at 22 PSI.

Good to go...

Last edited:
i always take a couple pics with my phone of the OLM percentage and mileage before and after reset, the new and old filter, and the oil itself just as proof for warranty purposes. I send the pics to myself in an email. That way I know how many miles between oil changes too.

I use the AC delco e-core filters. From what I have read here, that seems perfectly ok for a vehicle that gets the oil changed based on the OLM instead of doing an extended OCI.

One factor i would mention is that my truck is a 6.0 vortec iron block L96, and from what I gather the non-AFM engines such as mine may be less finicky than the AFM (or whatever they call it now) engines on the 1500 trucks.

Back