Safety Kleen / WalMart Tech 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,this is my first post...i was browsing old posts and came upon the question of who makes Tech 2000 for Walmart in Canada...i was told by a mid level management person with Walmart(my son in law)that Tech 2000 was made and supplied by Safety Kleen Corp.They supply Walmart with a number of products...their main business is recycling...check out their website www.safety-kleen.com Does this mean Tech 2000 is recycled oil? Leon.

I think I read something like this before, but I do have questions--

1. Earlier references to Tech 2000 indicated that it wasn't the same as SuperTech and that the container indicated manufacture in Canada. SK is an American company.

2. A quick look at their web page doesn't seem to mention lubrication production, only recycling.

3. I do seem to remember U.S. Wal-Marts selling recycled oil, but it's been several years. Anyone else remember this?

It should say on the bottle if its made from re-refined oil.

I have seen oils like this but in 55 gallon drums at big state maintenance shop. I asked the forman why they used it and said, they had no choice, state law mandated they used a certain percentage of recyled products, allbeit oil or paper etc.

quote:

Originally posted by Shoboost:
Hi everyone,this is my first post...i was browsing old posts and came upon the question of who makes Tech 2000 for Walmart in Canada...i was told by a mid level management person with Walmart(my son in law)that Tech 2000 was made and supplied by Safety Kleen Corp.They supply Walmart with a number of products...their main business is recycling...check out their website www.safety-kleen.com Does this mean Tech 2000 is recycled oil? Leon.

at the new store they had boxes of jugs stacked up and they did say safety-kleen on them. they have a refinery plant up here.

A Safety-Kleen rep told me that they do sell recylced oil at WalMart under the SK name. This is not a money maker but more of a PR thing to sell recyled products. There is so much oversupply of base oil refining capacity that re-refining costs almost as much as new oil. They do not make the WalMart house brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back