Walmart 0w30 synthetic specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has info on tech2000 0w30 synthetic oil? I cant seem to find any specs for it. I believe it is called supertech stateside while walmart canada calls it tech2000.

Some say its re-refined oil
shocked.gif
as it is made by safety kleen canada which seems to specialize in industrial waste management (why the heck is it called synthetic then?).

http://www.safety-kleen.com/SKInternet/S...0001203200aRCRD

Not sure who makes it.. anyways, the reason I ask is because I used it today for Oil change. Hope it works well..

Never seen SuperTech 0w30 - hope we get it though - it'll be another brew to chk out.

I think the SuperTech from recycled oil is an old urban legend. From what I've read, ST full Syn.'s additive package is designed for OEM (American) OCIs - supposedly great stuff but just don't push it out too far.

After doing a bit of search, I am not sure if Safety Kleen makes the tech 2000 synthetic 0w30. There are names bandied about which include Quaker State and Petro Canada. Either way, there is no PDS I can find readily...

There have been threads on other forums that have been pretty exhaustive in chasing down the Super Tech maker - I think Warren Petro. was the latest holding the potato.

Quote:

There have been threads on other forums that have been pretty exhaustive in chasing down the Super Tech maker - I think Warren Petro. was the latest holding the potato.

Warren distribution is probably for stateside consumption. Super tech's twin tech 2000 is probably not getting transported from warren. Walmart canada is perhaps locally sourcing it. Whatever the source is... I am pretty darn sure Wally aint makin it..

Quote:

Wal-Mart likely goes with the lowest bidder that meets whatever specs are required. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

For a short OCI of 6000 km (3750 mi), will it matter? I think it should be fine.. but I was just curious about it thats all..

Quote:

Quote:

Wal-Mart likely goes with the lowest bidder that meets whatever specs are required. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

For a short OCI of 6000 km (3750 mi), will it matter? I think it should be fine.. but I was just curious about it thats all..

It probably won't matter for short oil change intervals for those who lease their cars or just keep them a few years.

I sometimes wonder why Wal-mart is in the oil relabeling business. They must make more profit on their own oils than the brand names they stock. So with a huge amount of name and no-name bidders they probably pay the least for their oil, so they can sell it for a lower price and make more profit than on the brand names. Not sure you can come up with a good oil that way. Hmmm... maybe they should market their oils as "formulated by accountants!"

I have ASL and ASM but after seeing UOAs of new vehicles breaking in, I think its a waste to pour expensive oils in... Reason being that break-in wear demon that rears its ugly head. So short OCIs until break-in done (not sure when) then on to long OCIs using high quality oils.

Also, keep in mind that 0w30 is synthetic oil. There are dino tech2000 oils which you are probably referring to.

Here's what you know for sure - Super Tech Syn. is a Grp III oil. Have you looked at the processing required for a Grp III ? - thus the base stock performance is very close to Grp IV regardless of who's making it. Then comes the add. pack - which is why you don't want to push ST to 10k, but if I were in the 5k OCI crowd, ST would be the ticket.

addyguy, are you saying your 100% sure Safety-K makes ST? If this is the case, and you're 100% - then you must have some smoking gun to back it up - plse reveal your source.

no ,Tech 2000 and SuperTech are totally different oils in two different countries. addyguy, that's the oil alright. Where it comes from, no one really knows. Right now I suspect it's Safety-Kleens own hydroprocessed feedstocks.

SuperTech in the USA is the lowest bidder deally. WalMart Canada's Tech2000 and, now, CDN SuperTech conventional is Safety-Kleen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back