Rutters Now Top Tier

Great news! Top Tier brands are very scarce in my area. I do have a couple of Rutter stations that I get by fairly regularly.

That's pretty cool. I wish Racetrac would get it together and go Top Tier. They're huge in the Southeast, don't know what they're waiting for...

"...don't know what they're waiting for..."

They're likely waiting to see a dip in business as customers flock to Top Tier stations.
Then they'll do a CBA to see if paying the T.T. premium could bring 'em back.
If Racetrac's customers don't go, Racetrac won't go T.T.

Seriously, I wonder how many customers even notice the T.T. sticker on the pumps at my Costco (and at a tiny local station) or could even sit through hearing what Top Tier means.
The $0.20 / gallon difference for regular ($0.30+ / for premium) is what I'd bet customers notice.

Last edited:
Interesting that Rutters and Sheetz go head to head at least in the PA region. Sheetz just uses the bare minimum of adds and charges the same price as Rutters. One of the mechanics at the VW dealer told me that when they have injector issues, the customer always fesses up to Sheetz or some other non-Top Tier gas. In our area, Sheetz prices right along with the most expensive stations. I always see a lot of BMWs, Audis, MBs, etc at Sheetz. Never figured that out. Blow all that money on a car and won't go to a TT station even when it is the same price as Sheetz. I quit buying Sheetz gas years ago.

This thread is a bit stale, but I wanted to add that I just discovered that that a couple of my local Rutters ( not all of them) also have zero ethanol at a couple of pumps. Separate hose for it as well. Some of the Wawa stations also have zero ethanol as well. All 90 PON pipeline CBOB gas.

Sheetz is bad news in my experience as is Speedway , which used to be Hess and now being sold again.

Back