Russia's New Secret Fighter Jet

Feel like they put YF23 and F35 together.....
What I feel funny is that they put both EOTS and IRST on this plane. If their EOTS is as good as the one F35 has then why need both? After all EOTS do more and better, plus leave a smaller radar footprint.

I'm sure the Chinese are hard at work trying to copy. They're working a lot with Russia lately....

US hasn't fielded any hypersonic missiles yet. Russia's been showing them off lately.

Modern stealth aircraft first became possible when Denys Overholser, a mathematician working for Lockheed Aircraft during the 1970s, adopted a mathematical model developed by Petr Ufimtsev, a Soviet scientist, to develop a computer program called Echo 1.

I think the fighter jet era is coming to a close soon anyway. seems everyone has a stealth aircraft now, and there really isn’t much use for them unless your hitting small proxy countries, which is in itself getting much harder to do. I would rather see them invest it in space exploration.

I think the fighter jet era is coming to a close soon anyway. seems everyone has a stealth aircraft now, and there really isn’t much use for them unless your hitting small proxy countries, which is in itself getting much harder to do. I would rather see them invest it in space exploration.
Bring us nuclear powered Starfleet!:LOL:

A lot of these new weapons and military aircraft are mainly for intimidation.

If I were a Russian stealth fighter pilot and I pray to God I'm not... I'd change my call sign to CHUTE... as in parachute...

Modern stealth aircraft first became possible when Denys Overholser, a mathematician working for Lockheed Aircraft during the 1970s, adopted a mathematical model developed by Petr Ufimtsev, a Soviet scientist, to develop a computer program called Echo 1.
Sort of…

The A-12, and then the SR-71, were designed with stealth features, radar reflective surfaces, and radar absorbent materials.

Radar, and what it took to reduce cross section and detectability, was well understood in 1958…

The increase in effectiveness by faceting every bit of aircraft surface was a product of mathematical modeling in the 70s.

The ability to curve every surface and regain aerodynamic performance while retaining that level of stealth was a product of supercomputing in the 90s.

Bring us nuclear powered Starfleet!:LOL:
AF0842EF-8248-480B-BDB4-44C89040E642.jpeg

Sort of…
Radar, and what it took to reduce cross section and detectability, was well understood in 1958…

The roots of stealth can be traced to experimental aircraft of the 1940s, particularly Jack Northrop’s fabled YB-49 flying wing, which had smooth surfaces and rounded edges but no tail or fuselage. The all-wing configuration generated a relatively small image on radar screens, but that was of no great interest at the time, and the YB-49 was canceled in 1949.

Sort of…

The A-12, and then the SR-71, were designed with stealth features, radar reflective surfaces, and radar absorbent materials.

The increase in effectiveness by faceting every bit of aircraft surface was a product of mathematical modeling in the 70s.

The ability to curve every surface and regain aerodynamic performance while retaining that level of stealth was a product of supercomputing in the 90s.
Astro, wasn't it the German scientist during WWII, the first ones to bring stealth technology to the table? :unsure:

Back