runng amsoil sso 0-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, im new to the site, but love trying new oils out. i have been mainly a amsoil guy.....i have a 2008 srt-4 caliber which comes fro the factory with 0-40 m1, and switched it to amsoil sig. series 0-30.
my question is amsoil tech recommended the ss 0-30, but the more i research, it seems i need to stay with 40 weight with this turbo engine.
im pushing almost 400hp, and want to make sure the amsoil ss 0-30 to protecting my engine and turbo...what do you guys think???5-40, rl 0-40, maybe german castrol 0-30, thanks

Last edited:
use pennzoil Platinum 5W30 in it.. better oil at half the cost.. i worked for Mopar for 25 years and i know..

Last edited:
pennzoil, really????....im not worried about the price, just the best possible oil for my application.
i was looking between the gc 0-30 or rl 0-40

any other opinions.......

Last edited:
fxrider this is the 2nd thread today where you have recommended PP instead of an Amsoil product.

Make a new thread and prove it.

OP- either are good, Amsoil will allow you to do extended drains (but you won't do that for warranty purposes). Stick with the M1 or PP until your warranty is up or you void it with mods.

Originally Posted By: fxrider
use pennzoil Platinum 5W30 in it.. better oil at half the cost.. i worked for Mopar for 25 years and i know..
Originally Posted By: fxrider
What do you think a Amsoil tech is going to say?? that stuff is like water when you pour it in..
smirk2.gif

Please... Let's see your UOA's engine tear downs and other applicable real world experience.

The guy must have not integrated that this was a turbo. The recommendation should have been the 5w-40 European Car Formula (AFL) The non-turbo 2.4 does take SSO (or other 30 grades)

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
The guy must have not integrated that this was a turbo. The recommendation should have been the 5w-40 European Car Formula (AFL) The non-turbo 2.4 does take SSO (or other 30 grades)

do you think the sso 0-30 is a bad choice (i have been running it for 20,000 miles), or is not protecting the engine properly under the turbos high heat and stress??? basically do i need to switch to 5-40 asap.

Last edited:
I would stay with a 40 wt oil. Ams is good, but the M1 0-40 is an out standing oil as well. Also I would not run a turbo for a 20,000 mile OCI. I would drop that down to 6-8000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
No. How long will this be in service?

well i been changing the sso 0-30 every 6000-7000 miles with a amsoil eao oil filter....the sso oil in my car only has 3000 miles on it, i can change it, and save the oil for my wifes car.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother. I'd just get the AFL for the next change. How long does it take for the 6-7k to rack up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back