Ruger LCP II vs. LCP max in 380

Already have a LCP 380 which is my favorite pocket pistol in 380. Looking to maybe get the LCP II or the Max. I know the Max has a higher round capablity but other than that is there other benefits. In 9mm I have the Springfield Hellcat so I am good on that end, just not small enough for summer use in FL where the LCP excells!

I have an LCP and the only complaint I have is the trigger. I dont mind the weight of it but the length is a pain so in that regard the LCP2 or the MAX would be nice but the only real reason to carry an LCP is extreme concealability and the MAX is bigger than the specs would indicate. There are some pictures on the web of the 2 overlayed and the width of the MAX is the same as a single stack 9 which is the thing that makes them harder to not print in light cloths.

I have an LCP and the only complaint I have is the trigger. I dont mind the weight of it but the length is a pain so in that regard the LCP2 or the MAX would be nice but the only real reason to carry an LCP is extreme concealability and the MAX is bigger than the specs would indicate. There are some pictures on the web of the 2 overlayed and the width of the MAX is the same as a single stack 9 which is the thing that makes them harder to not print in light cloths.
Thanks for the input. As stated I have the original LCP but the trigger does stink. Just trying to justify buying an alleged improved model!

You are preaching to the choir there;). I am always looking for a reason to buy a new gun. I think the LCP2 would give you what you want and not end up living in the safe. I bought a Glock 42 before the LCP and I really love shooting it at the range and its way more accurate because of the sights and trigger but it was just that little bit too large to conceal in the summer without planning the wardrobe particularly if you are concerned about printing at all.

You are preaching to the choir there;). I am always looking for a reason to buy a new gun. I think the LCP2 would give you what you want and not end up living in the safe. I bought a Glock 42 before the LCP and I really love shooting it at the range and its way more accurate because of the sights and trigger but it was just that little bit too large to conceal in the summer without planning the wardrobe particularly if you are concerned about printing at all.
Thanks
I am not looking for capacity more than concealability which is why I purchased the LCP in the first place.

As mentioned an another thread. I bought the LCP II Max. Trigger is 7 1/2 #. Quite hard but very short pull with a firm wall. Great sights and of course the optional 12 round.

Truth is though...I traded m y LCP .380 in on a G42. Very dumb. The old LCP was dead reliable. Out of thousands of rounds I can not remember even one failure. (I am not saying I am positive about that). But it was slightly smaller and lighter. If 7 rounds are not enough you are probably about of your league. Also you can carry an extra mag. Truth be known: If I could do it over I would have kept my old LCP.

I’ve heard of issues with the G42 with others, but to me personally it’s a fairy tale. I’ve not had a single malfunction with mine. I personally shoot it better than 80% of my guns, it’s on my cold-dead-hands list.

However.,The LCP Max I bought has never made it through a full magazine. At least not without smacking it back into battery or doing the slap tap rack maneuver. 3 shots is my record. It sits in its box next to some old books.

Ruger refuses to do anything except keep sending me magazines. Like what am I gonna do with these, throw them at my attacker?

I’ve heard of issues with the G42 with others, but to me personally it’s a fairy tale. I’ve not had a single malfunction with mine. I personally shoot it better than 80% of my guns, it’s on my cold-dead-hands list.

However.,The LCP Max I bought has never made it through a full magazine. At least not without smacking it back into battery or doing the slap tap rack maneuver. 3 shots is my record. It sits in its box next to some old books.

Ruger refuses to do anything except keep sending me magazines. Like what am I gonna do with these, throw them at my attacker?
Have you asked them to take the gun back for testing to find the problem ?

Here are some contact numbers , go to the bottom of the page.

I have the original LCP.
Do yourself a favor look at the KAHR CW380.
I never pick up my LCP after I bought my KAHR.
I have a 9 and a 380. KAHR now.

I've got the Hellcat and an LCP Max. Love both. I typically carry the Hellcat in an IWB 90% of the time. The LCP comes with me when I'm needing something a little smaller that fits in a pocket. To me, the slightly wider grip of the Max makes it a lot more comfortable to hold compared to the standard LCP. Reliability and accuracy have been top notch. The trigger's not a 1911 but plenty good enough for the gun's intended purpose. I've experienced much worse on full size gun that cost much more.

Have you asked them to take the gun back for testing to find the problem ?

Here are some contact numbers , go to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for that. Yep I’ve spoken to a couple reps and they assure me it’s magazine related, and if I wanted to send my gun in it would be an 8 week turnaround. I guess I could ask again to see if their wait time improved.

I have the original LCP.
Do yourself a favor look at the KAHR CW380.
I never pick up my LCP after I bought my KAHR.
I have a 9 and a 380. KAHR now.
Kahr seem just OK. But falls short of the LCP. Slightly bigger and heavier and only holds 6+1 vs 12+1 for the LCP. However there is nothing on the Kahr that for most don't have dealbreaker problems. I will say the trigger is better on the Kahr and carying an extra 6 round mag makes sense.

Back