Ruger Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I have a Ruger SR40C that quit hitting primers hard enough to light them off. Called the Ruger factory in Prescott, AZ. Spoke with a VERY nice CSR; who sent me a UPS label. Put the gun into UPS last Saturday; they told me it would get there on Monday 12 August. I had it in my hand on THURSDAY, 15 August!!!! They replaced the striker assembly and fired 45 rounds to test my magazines too.
I always liked the way Ruger is engineered, and the price is such that you get a LOT of gun for the money. The service on my gun is so "off the hook" that I can't say enough good about them. When you are looking for your next gun, I strongly recommend you give Ruger a long look if they make the caliber and action you want.

Customer service is very important to me; I won't deal with companies that don't treat their customers right.

I have been looking at their new 308 guide gun. This is just the excuse I need to place the order.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
Were you dry firing without a magazine inserted?

Not like a practice thing, just drop the striker after clearing the gun to go home from the range. I did once get waaaay to happy oiling the striker, so I took it down (per Ruger Videos) and hosed out the channel and assembly with solvent to flush out the oil. That didn't help the light strikes. Ruger made it good in only two days!!
Now, the striker gets a wipe of oil and that's all, Frog Lube grease for the sliding parts (not much of that), the usual for the bore, done!.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Nice to hear. I have a LC-9 and a SR40C, love them both. Well, ok, not too excited about the long trigger pull on the 9.

I like the "Elsey 9"'s compact dimensions and light weight. The loooong trigger pull at least gives you a safe way to carry it; how could anyone possibly have a ND with that much of a pull for the bang? Do you see any difference between 115 and 124gr ammo?
The .40 really fits me well, and I am always amazed at how good of a shot I am with it. I have yet to really do some testing to see which bullet weight is optimal for it. Right now I have 165gr. hand-loads and 180gr. factory ammo. Do you have any opinions which might be more accurate?

I agree that Ruger is a great company.

I've had to use their Customer service a few times and its been great every time.

Love their weapons and prices. Very accurate and reliable.
01.gif

Bill

I have a ruger P90, P95, and an LCP. They work flawless. In 15 years , the P90 has never and i mean never failed to feed or eject any type of .45 round i have put through it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
I agree that Ruger is a great company.

I've had to use their Customer service a few times and its been great every time.

Love their weapons and prices. Very accurate and reliable.
01.gif

Bill

Agreed. Very accurate-and great quality. I appreciate too that they did not jack their prices up during the mad rush last year and beginning of this year.

Originally Posted By: 2cool

Not like a practice thing, just drop the striker after clearing the gun to go home from the range. I did once get waaaay to happy oiling the striker, so I took it down (per Ruger Videos) and hosed out the channel and assembly with solvent to flush out the oil. That didn't help the light strikes. Ruger made it good in only two days!!
Now, the striker gets a wipe of oil and that's all, Frog Lube grease for the sliding parts (not much of that), the usual for the bore, done!.

firing the SR9/40 series of guns without the magazine can potentially damage the gun. There is a magazine disconnect on these guns and without a mag there is a striker block in front of the striker. firing the gun without the mag lets the striker hit that block and get damaged. you could remove the magazine disconnect as they are removable but otherwise use the mag to dry fire.

Originally Posted By: MrRPM
Originally Posted By: 2cool

firing the SR9/40 series of guns without the magazine can potentially damage the gun. There is a magazine disconnect on these guns and without a mag there is a striker block in front of the striker. firing the gun without the mag lets the striker hit that block and get damaged. you could remove the magazine disconnect as they are removable but otherwise use the mag to dry fire.

Thanks for the explanation, MrRPM! As you probably know, the owner's manual is silent on this subject. I had heard of the mag disconnect, and was aware that some people remove it from other fora.

my 2013 owners manual for the sr9 pistols explicitly says never to dry fire the gun without an empty magazine inserted or risk damaging the gun. Mybe your manual is older and they didn't know yet. ruger had a few hiccups and even a recall on the sr9 so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back