Rubber strip glue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of "glue" is best for the rubber strip shown in the attached image ?

IMG_2317.jpg

The rubber has had it but you could clean both parts carefully and use a thin strip of black RTV low on the body part as it doesn't squeeze out all over the place.
Tape it down until cured. Black weather strip adhesive will also work.

Depending on the condition of the vehicle and the price of the part , I would replace the bad rubber .

Ughhh, I wish this forum had a normal way of keeping up with threads/posts. I didn't know there were updated posts until I remembered about this and looked just now....

Originally Posted by vavavroom
A little butyl, warmed and stretched should work.
What do you mean ?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Depending on the condition of the vehicle and the price of the part , I would replace the bad rubber .
Is it available separately ? It's a '12 Accord EX-L in pretty nice condition. I looked at some Honda parts sellers but couldn't narrow down this part.

I used this on a small piece of trim that was coming away. It's like $3 on Amazon. Be sure to clean (prepare the surface) with some rubbing alcohol and use just a little. I used masking tape to hold it down while it cured overnight. If any squeezes out you can carefully trim it off with a razor blade once it cures.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back