What is this thing attached to the back of my engine (Chrysler 4.0L V6)?

Chrysler 4.0L V6 w/ 62TE 6-sp auto ('07 Pacifica in signature). I don't know what to call this part, and have no idea what it does.

All I can tell is that it bolts to the rear motor / transmission mount bracket and from there.... doesn't appear to do absolutely anything. It's not connected to anything except that mount bracket.

Two heavy metal discs sandwiching some very deteriorated rubber. The metal discs sort of wobble back and forth (due to rubber condition) but can't really make any noise because there's still adequate rubber cushion there. Does this thing serve a purpose and should the condition of it concern me? This is located at the back side of the engine.

Attachments

• IMG_5573.jpg
    IMG_5573.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_5571.jpg
    IMG_5571.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 193
looks like you need a new one.
Chrysler PN 04880417AA

Doesnt have good availability.
Thank you for that. Yes, seems like un-obtanium at this point. I suppose all it does is lessen vibrations? I don't see these used in the 04-06 models.

Thank you for that. Yes, seems like un-obtanium at this point. I suppose all it does is lessen vibrations? I don't see these used in the 04-06 models.
google thinks it was 07/08 only.

My 2 cents its a vibration damper for NVH probably ok without it or with the falling apart one on there.

ie its not a motor mount.
any used ones would probably be similarly decrepit.

You can fix yourself with urethane. I have used 50 durometer on a bunch of motor mounts and differential mounts. 50 seems to be close to what the (various) factory uses in almost all cases, or rather the closest equivalent. This includes liquid filled mounts, and NVH dampers like you have here.

Back