RP worth over the competition (Walmart Pricing)

I've been using Royal Purple for over 10 years now. Love it. Go to youtube and search for "Tenza Motorsports" He used API approved Royal Purple in a BMW that had varnish and sludge and he was surprised how much cleaning RP did in just 500 miles.

That VOA looks pretty good to me
Looks like a typical A3/B4 additive package in the AW department.

I’ve never used it, always thought of it as overpriced and overhyped. If it was around the price of M1, Pennzoil, Castrol 5 quarts jugs or cheaper I would try it out.

Some people swear by it. Use what you like. That’s all I’m going to say about it, my first account got banned by arguing over RP with a die hard fan of it.

I’ve never used it, always thought of it as overpriced and overhyped. If it was around the price of M1, Pennzoil, Castrol 5 quarts jugs or cheaper I would try it out.

Some people swear by it. Use what you like. That’s all I’m going to say about it, my first account got banned by arguing over RP with a die hard fan of it.
I like colored oils so I'll jump on the RP bandwagon! I always see it at WM and understood it to not be anything special to justify the price.

Molygen UV.jpg

Looks like a typical A3/B4 additive package in the AW department.
Not saying you can't get the same add pack in Rotella, but I've actually torn down several race motors that ran HPS oil (granted it was changed every race) and, IMHO, it does a great job in engines that make 3HP per cube.

Not saying you can't get the same add pack in Rotella, but I've actually torn down several race motors that ran HPS oil (granted it was changed every race) and, IMHO, it does a great job in engines that make 3HP per cube.
Not talking about Rotella, that's an HDEO, more like M1 0W-40/Castrol 0W-40, full-SAPS Euro oils, the former which has extensive use in 24hr racing like LeMans and Sebring. I've seen the same with M1 FS 0W-40 (before it had the FS designation) in several SBF's I've built or had a hand in building.

Last edited:
We have one tech here who swears by it at work but I haven’t found it to be any better. I’d use Valvoline or Castrol over it. The RP would have to be on sale cheaper than most brands for me to use it. I’ve used it before when it was on sale. And the guy I work with who swears by it will only buy it at the parts store because he is one that believes Walmart sells knock off oil because it’s cheaper than the parts stores 🤣. I know a couple people like that. I’d buy the Valvoline and call it a day if it were me.

Not talking about Rotella, that's an HDEO, more like M1 0W-40/Castrol 0W-40, full-SAPS Euro oils, the former which has extensive use in 24hr racing like LeMans and Sebring. I've seen the same with M1 FS 0W-40 (before it had the FS designation) in several SBF's I've built or had a hand in building.
I'm a fan of the M1 Euro 0-40, I buy it in the 12Qt "garage packs" whenever my local wallyworld has it (which isn't often enough). I also by the HPS RP in 5 gallon jugs, I use the two of them interchangeably...whichever one I happen to have on hand when oil changes come due.

We have one tech here who swears by it at work but I haven’t found it to be any better. I’d use Valvoline or Castrol over it. The RP would have to be on sale cheaper than most brands for me to use it. I’ve used it before when it was on sale. And the guy I work with who swears by it will only buy it at the parts store because he is one that believes Walmart sells knock off oil because it’s cheaper than the parts stores 🤣. I know a couple people like that. I’d buy the Valvoline and call it a day if it were me.
Sounds like one stupid technician 🙊🙊

Not very bright to buy into hype and false advertising either

How is the ceratec?
Been really happy with it. Car is daily driven for Agency Contractor Nurses so it sees alot of 🛣️ highway. It's much cleaner than the Mos2,quieter,cleaner and all around good stuff. Next oil change will be 0w30 M1 again. Have used Ceratec since around 100,000 miles or so and previous it was 0w20 Redline.

Some of the RP oils had higher levels of ZDP which benefit those with flat tappet cams. Otherwise, I've never been impressed with their line.

Back