Royal purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the oil of Royalty. It is the oil that Prince William uses in his car.

prince_william-444684.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
It is the oil of Royalty. It is the oil that Prince William uses in his car.

prince_william-444684.jpg

This is now on my top 10 of hilarious BITOG posts....
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Crzydude
Sorry to bother anyone just wondered. Is are there any particular applications where Royal purple works great or any where it doesn't work so well?

No.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Does anyone know if the 0w40 without synerlec is still a good oil?

Yes it's a good oil but the current favorite in the gasoline 0w40 grade is Mobil 1 0W40 European Formula which has tons of approvals and certifications while being available at Walmart for around $25 a jug, that's about $5 per quart for all these approvals.

Normal price was $26.xx but Walmart has it on Roll-Back for $22.xx. I bought 2 0W40 jugs last month or the month before last, and got some rebate(don't remember how much) from Mobil.

Even without rebate, $4.xx/qt M1 0W40 is a good buy.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Conclusions for the lazy, API SN royal purple is just another decent synthetic, slightly over priced when you can get jug of other synthetic at Walmart for around $25

Royal Purple with synerlec is good stuff, worth the extra cost if you are hard on your engine. It's a very good anti wear additive that prevents it from meeting api certification due to elevated sulphur content.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Is Royal purple good or bad? I hear a lot of different things. I know a few people who had used it and never had any motor related issues because of improper lubrication. And they never had uoa's done either. But what's the concencus?

RP products in general are not popular here at BITOG. In reality they make excellent products. Use with confidence if you wish to. I have used RP products for a LONG time and they have always done right by me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back