Royal Purple Oil Experience - 2005 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my response is buried under 100 others, but [censored] nice Mustang.

I've been a sucker for stangs for a long time, and its good to see one that could easily whoop a C5. Nice job.

PS. I don't have any problems with Royal Purple, I'm fairly unbiased when it comes to oil.

But I dont see that Amsoil is any less ethical than any other oil companies. They've had to push their advertising methods to the limit to compete with the big boys. No one can dispute the quality of their product.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryan2022
I know my response is buried under 100 others, but [censored] nice Mustang.

I've been a sucker for stangs for a long time, and its good to see one that could easily whoop a C5. Nice job.

And I have done it Look @ 4:27 This is a video from our local Mustang and Corvette Club Track Rental,
(Northern Virginia Mustang CLub) and (Northern Virginia Corvette Club) are Sister clubs and we share a lot of events together, We beat tham at the Drag Strip but they get back at us on the road course :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8PSHetsMI

Very nice car! "12.299 @ 110 Mph" NOS? Numbers don't seem right to me @400HP! Did you mean 13.29?

Quote:
But I dont see that Amsoil is any less ethical than any other oil companies. They've had to push their advertising methods to the limit to compete with the big boys.

True.

Thats not bad for a bolt on mod motor. But you have to remember there are bolt on LS1 camaros and T/A's going 10's N/A. I have run at mason dixon before. It is right up old 40 about an hour from me.

For example a friend of mine built a 2000 Z28 for nitrous. Ported stock heads and custom nitrous cam. TH400 trans and 9" rear. 11.60's on motor and 9.90 on a 220 shot. Mason dixon kicked him out a couple of times for not having a cage or harness or anything. I cant tell you how much money he won with that car at lilly ponds.

Yeah the C5's handle really well.

IMO if Ford would drop the Live axle rear end, it would be a perfect car. Dont get me wrong, I love Corvettes, and worked on them for a good while. They're tough to beat in the handling department.

Just the sound of the Mustang, and those good power numbers make me drool.

IMO if Ford would drop the Live axle rear end, it would be a perfect car.

They'd still have to fix the weight distribution and polar moment of inertia. In the handling department, the 'Vette has a lot more than just IRS on the Mustang.
wink.gif
As it should, IMO, given how much more expensive it is...

Originally Posted By: jazeo
Very nice car! "12.299 @ 110 Mph" NOS? Numbers don't seem right to me @400HP! Did you mean 13.29?

Nope All Motor 12.299 @ 110 MPH 3600 Lbs with Driver.

Here are the Time slips
best-times.jpg

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
Thats not bad for a bolt on mod motor. But you have to remember there are bolt on LS1 camaros and T/A's going 10's N/A. I have run at mason dixon before. It is right up old 40 about an hour from me.

For example a friend of mine built a 2000 Z28 for nitrous. Ported stock heads and custom nitrous cam. TH400 trans and 9" rear. 11.60's on motor and 9.90 on a 220 shot. Mason dixon kicked him out a couple of times for not having a cage or harness or anything. I cant tell you how much money he won with that car at lilly ponds.

No Doubt, the LS1 and LS2 Engines are what 6.0L compared to a 4.6L I would hope the Camaro would run 11's all motor.

There are a couple of all motor S197 Mustangs running 11's
ArtQ, Matt Desilva, Chad a friends of mine and Marcspaz is dialing in his 480HP Stock bottom end S197 all motor street car. not an easy feat with the little 4.6L Mod Motor. I would like to build a 5.4L and run it
there is a guy Spyder7724 on the forums with a 5.4 3V in the high 10's all motor.

IMO if Ford would drop the Live axle rear end, it would be a perfect car. Dont get me wrong, I love Corvettes, and worked on them for a good while. They're tough to beat in the handling department.

I just installed FRPP Stinger Mufflers here is a Sound Video for ya, watch for the drool :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwiv19MuWMY

Current Mods -
JLT II CAI (BamaChips 93 Tune)
Steeda UDP's
Steeda CMDP
JBA Long Tube Headers
JBA Catted X-pipe
FRPP Stinger Mufflers
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Spyder Aluminum DS
TCI Super Street Fighter 3500 Converter
CHE Lower Control Arm
Steeda Adj UCA
LPW Differential Cover Girdle
Eaton TrueTrac Locker
275/50x17 M&H Drag Radials

Added Comp Cams 127200 NSR no times yet, working on tuning.

Last edited:
Yeah GM put a lot into the corvette.

Even the way the chassis is designed to hold the engine lower in the frame.

Its why it does so well against some serious hardware in ALMS.

That Mustang sounds so nasty. Love it. I hear its the backwards firing order that give them that hollow throaty sound.

Last edited:

Not bad at all!

My cam grinder (Jay Allen) ran 11.19 on motor with stock GT40's, custom cam (and some other "stuff") on an untouched 90 shortblock.

Originally Posted By: 2k05gt

No Doubt, the LS1 and LS2 Engines are what 6.0L compared to a 4.6L I would hope the Camaro would run 11's all motor.

There are a couple of all motor S197 Mustangs running 11's
ArtQ, Matt Desilva, Chad a friends of mine and Marcspaz is dialing in his 480HP Stock bottom end S197 all motor street car. not an easy feat with the little 4.6L Mod Motor. I would like to build a 5.4L and run it
there is a guy Spyder7724 on the forums with a 5.4 3V in the high 10's all motor.

I just installed FRPP Stinger Mufflers here is a Sound Video for ya, watch for the drool :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwiv19MuWMY

Current Mods -
JLT II CAI (BamaChips 93 Tune)
Steeda UDP's
Steeda CMDP
JBA Long Tube Headers
JBA Catted X-pipe
FRPP Stinger Mufflers
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Spyder Aluminum DS
TCI Super Street Fighter 3500 Converter
CHE Lower Control Arm
Steeda Adj UCA
LPW Differential Cover Girdle
Eaton TrueTrac Locker
275/50x17 M&H Drag Radials

Added Comp Cams 127200 NSR no times yet, working on tuning.

Matt's a member of our local club (GTAMC) and his car is working really well from what I've heard. They are a nice family. I've met him and his dad in person quite a few times, bought a few things off them as well.

Yeah GM put a lot into the corvette.

Even the way the chassis is designed to hold the engine lower in the frame.

Its why it does so well against some serious hardware in ALMS.

That Mustang sounds so nasty. Love it. I hear its the backwards firing order that give them that hollow throaty sound.

They don't have a backwards firing order. The LSx engines fire the exact same cylinder sequence. The firing order is the original 351 firing order and was adopted to the 302 for the HO engines. It provides better load distribution along the crankshaft and makes more power than the "other" common firing order from that time frame, of which Ford and GM both shared, but Ford only used on the lopo versions of the 302. GM used it on everything.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Matt's a member of our local club (GTAMC) and his car is working really well from what I've heard. They are a nice family. I've met him and his dad in person quite a few times, bought a few things off them as well.

I met Matt and his family at our Rained out S197 Shootout at Rockingham, NC on Nov 1st
Great people an I hope they can make our event next year, I know it's a long drive but it will be a blast.

Maybe we can get AMSOIL or some other Oil maker to Sponsor our East Coast S197 Shootout next spring?
Hint Hint. www.s197shootout.com

No need for the time slips, I didn't doubt you. I think you were being conservative with your 400hp, it's probably putting out some more... :)

Originally Posted By: jazeo
No need for the time slips, I didn't doubt you. I think you were being conservative with your 400hp, it's probably putting out some more... :)

No Problem..

BTW..

BCtg51104.gif

They don't have a backwards firing order. The LSx engines fire the exact same cylinder sequence. The firing order is the original 351 firing order and was adopted to the 302 for the HO engines. It provides better load distribution along the crankshaft and makes more power than the "other" common firing order from that time frame, of which Ford and GM both shared, but Ford only used on the lopo versions of the 302. GM used it on everything.

Right. I think the other confusion factor comes in because IIRC Ford numbered their v8 cylinders differently than GM and Mopar. Ford used 1-2-3-4 down the passenger side bank, 5-6-7-8 down the driver's side bank. Mopar used 1-3-5-7 down the driver's side bank and 2-4-6-8 down the passenger side. If you convert numbering, the Ford 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 pattern is identical to Mopar 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Right. I think the other confusion factor comes in because IIRC Ford numbered their v8 cylinders differently than GM and Mopar. Ford used 1-2-3-4 down the passenger side bank, 5-6-7-8 down the driver's side bank. Mopar used 1-3-5-7 down the driver's side bank and 2-4-6-8 down the passenger side. If you convert numbering, the Ford 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 pattern is identical to Mopar 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

Which is the same as the GM firing order too
wink.gif
LOL!

1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 is the Ford HO firing order, and the same cylinder firing order for the LSx engines and I believe ALL newer V8's IIRC. Something about having a "standardized" firing order for OBD2?

But you have to remember there are bolt on LS1 camaros and T/A's going 10's N/A.

There are bolt on (untouched long block, stock cams) 5-speed 4V Mach 1s doing high 10s at 123-124 mph.

The quickest bolt on 5-speed Mach 1s are quicker in the 1/4 than the quickest bolt on 6-speed LS1s. All of the 10 second bolt on LS1s are right at or under 3000lbs with driver and have huge stall autos (4500-5000 rpm stall).

Comparing either those bolt on 10-second Machs or LS1s to this mildly modded 3V is ludicrous.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back