Royal purple discontinuing 30-1218 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I recently put in a order to summit racing for the Royal purple 30-1218 oil filter that i always use on my 582ci BBC 70 Chevelle, I usually order four at a time, my order didn't go through. The sales person told me they are discontinuing royal purple filters, has anybody else ran across this ? Jegs is out of stock too. Thanks ! Jay

Originally Posted by jmj540
Hello all, I recently put in a order to summit racing for the Royal purple 30-1218 oil filter that i always use on my 582ci BBC 70 Chevelle, I usually order four at a time, my order didn't go through. The sales person told me they are discontinuing royal purple filters, has anybody else ran across this ? Jegs is out of stock too. Thanks ! Jay

Yeah, there was a thread on here a bit earlier where we assumed that was happening, since the filters section is now gone off the website.

The PF1218 equivalent (that you are using) oil filter to Fram is the XG9100

Nothing wrong with the XG5 in your application either

Originally Posted by Linctex
You can buy equivalent Donaldson or Amsoil filters - - - they are identical.

What would the Donaldson crossover # be to the 30-1218 royal purple ? Are the Donaldson filters a full synthetic materiel and wire backed like the royal purple ? Iv'e had excellent results from the royal purple filters running Brad Penn in all my motors. Thanks !

The oil filters are back on their website just as they told me they would be.

They did also say that suppliers will now order them directly from Champion Laboratories...

Originally Posted by Linctex
The PF1218 equivalent (that you are using) oil filter to Fram is the XG9100

Nothing wrong with the XG5 in your application either

In case anyone is wondering, the XG5 does not have a bypass valve. The XG9100 does. Otherwise they are exactly the same filter.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder

They did also say that suppliers will now order them directly from Champion Laboratories...

Can you link me? Filters still don't exist on the Consumer Products page and the Google link for it 404's still.

Amazon has them still for 18$

I would just go with a fram ultra. cost around 10$ and good wire backed media filter.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Can you link me? Filters still don't exist on the Consumer Products page and the Google link for it 404's still.

http://www.royalpurple.com/consumer/extended-life-oil-filters/

Thanks. Hopefully they update the Consumer Products page to include it then, because nothing on the site appears to link to that page at this point.

http://www.royalpurple.com/consumer/extended-life-oil-filters/

Thanks. Hopefully they update the Consumer Products page to include it then, because nothing on the site appears to link to that page at this point.

Products > Consumer > Extended Life Oil Filters

In case the op didn't realize, Royal Purple doesn't make filters. They are rebranded Champions or we're as the case may be now.

Fram and Wix are solid choices.

That literally JUST appeared for me! Still isn't on the sidebar or in the Consumer Product matrix, but it appears they are fixing it
thumbsup2.gif

That literally JUST appeared for me! Still isn't on the sidebar or in the Consumer Product matrix, but it appears they are fixing it
thumbsup2.gif

I see it ... and I too noticed last night their website was 404. Guess it was being worked on at the time.

Capture-3.JPG

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
That's why you stick with a lower price filter with higher efficiency more readily available filter like a Fram Ultra.
I love Ultras, and the Ultra does have a slightly higher efficiency and lower price, but (IMHO) the RP is a stronger, better built filter. If I had to travel on gravel roads a lot with A/T ot M/T tires, you better believe there would be a filter with a thicker can than the flimsy Ultra! Bosch Distance Plus or Royal Purple would be my first 2 choices.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
. If I had to travel on gravel roads a lot with A/T ot M/T tires, you better believe there would be a filter with a thicker can than the flimsy Ultra! Bosch Distance Plus or Royal Purple would be my first 2 choices.

I got a bunch of D3500 when Walmart closed them out for $2 each

I ordered a RP filter directly from their website this Monday. Today they sent an email saying they were out of stock and it would be middle of next week before it would ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back