Router Reccommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've replaced three Belkin routers in the past three years, one bad right out of the box. Funny errors too. But that's just my small time home use experience.

Have had great luck with Linksys, over-all.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Improving my wifi range is definitely something I am looking for, so based on several suggestions I will look into the asus n66u a bit more. I am open to any other recommendations as well. Thanks!

As an owner of an RT-N66U I can attest it is a great router. I bought another one for my parents new house as well. I'm still running on old firmware though, since the older firmware allows transmit power increases, the newer ones don't quite as much.

I've used Linksys, TP-Link and D-Link products.
All have served me well and are still working perfectly.

Problems i've experienced so far:
The Linksys WRT120N is my main wireless router and i need to reset it at least once a week (Usually a couple times a week), for some reason sometimes it just won't work until i unplug and plug it back.

The TP-Link is used as a repeater and works pretty well except that my laptop usually takes like a dozen tries before it connects properly. I dont know if the problem is the config in the TP-Link or the Linksys wireless router config.

The D-Link is the best purchase i've ever made for my PC. It's a PowerLine device and it works flawlessly. I have NOT experienced a single issue with it. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Ugh! that N66u has stopped at $120 and hasn't gone down further for like a year now
smirk.gif

As for brand, personally I had great luck with some Buffalo, some Linksys, but not Netgear (they seems to die with random connection problem that are hard to reproduce or catch, both at work and at home).

I haven't tried any other brand enough to come to any conclusion.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Ugh! that N66u has stopped at $120 and hasn't gone down further for like a year now
smirk.gif

Heh... and even the old N-16 has been holding steady at around $80 for the past 3+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back