Which rotor should I get?

• AC Delco Gold / Professional

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Napa Premium

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other (Include w/ reply)

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Itslimjim - Just curious what line of Centric rotors did you use? C-Tek or their Premium line?

For the last 3 years or so I have only used Centric Premium rotors with Raybestos Element3 EHT Hybrid brakes and never had a problem. One time on my Sienna I decide to save a few bucks and went with Centric C-Tek rotors paired with Raybestos Element3 EHT brakes and the rotors started warping not long after I replaced them so I thought that all of the cheaper priced rotors must be junk.

From what you guys are saying here the Raybestos are good rotors and with the attractive price I will give them a shot on my next brake job.
The Premium line of Centric was what I used. Now, was my caliper failing before or after the rotor warped? It was definitely warped rotors.

I’m so far happy with the Raybestos coated rotors @Trav recommended. It’s also TBD how long the akebono ProAct pads last, but I love how quiet they are and they still have a good enough bite.

I like how well the new caliper came packaged and ready for a seamless replacement. Easier than a brake parts job; just slid the akebono out and followed a YT video.

Is it possible a sticking guide pin would lead to a caliper failure if not addressed?

@Char Baby its possible these rotors warped first and then the caliper started failing, but since Trav put me on to it I might go with a full EHT/E3 Raybestos line next time. It was premium centric. Could my caliper been failing? It didn’t have the symptoms of failing caliper until well past apparent warped rotor; which was only a few thousand miles on them.

Last edited:
On our Toyota I found I can get Toyota Made in Usa (What the box says, whether the slugs were made in china and shipped here I do not know) rotors for 10 dollars more than a premium aftermarket. No noise, no drama. They only reason I had to replace the rotors was because a caliper hung up and warped the rotor. No one locally machines rotors anymore.
Normally O'Reillys and some Napas will resurface rotors. Good rotors are worth it cheap ones probably not.

Back