Rotated tires and low tire light came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my luck. I rotated the tires on my 2000 Century yesterday checked pressure, 35 lbs cold in each tire. I went to check on a job this morning and the low tire light is on. There's no low tire. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery and see if that shuts it off, otherwise it will be something I learn to live with I guess.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Is this a factory TPMS or an aftermarket one?

Factory system.

I had a 2000 century and it goes off tire diameter and the ABS sensors. So you changed a diameter and it noticed. ^ The above looks like it ought to work.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I had a 2000 century and it goes off tire diameter and the ABS sensors. So you changed a diameter and it noticed. ^ The above looks like it ought to work.

Same exact 4 tires front to rear rotation. I'll read up on it in the link. Thanks

If you check the owner's manual it probably says to reset the TPMS system after any tire change or rotation. This is a simple task - just a single button is involved.

This generation monitors tire inflation via the ABS system, looking for changes in tire revs/mile of one tire versus its companions. Because of wear and inflation, each tire will have a slight difference in circumference from the others and the sudden change makes the system presume something's wrong. Resetting the system allows it to "learn" what the new pattern and use it as the baseline.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Found the following link for 2000 Century, though it references aftermarket wheels use, perhaps it may give you some ideas to help with the issue.

2000 Buick Century TPMS reset

Bingo! A few seconds, done deal. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Found the following link for 2000 Century, though it references aftermarket wheels use, perhaps it may give you some ideas to help with the issue.

2000 Buick Century TPMS reset

Bingo! A few seconds, done deal. Thanks!

No problem! Glad it worked for you.

No problem! Glad it worked for you.

Me too! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back