Rolling Coal...a perpetual annoyance

It’s not close to what you wrote because I was referring to someone else’s post. Relax.
OK I will relax :ROFLMAO: hahahahahaha you didn't quote anyone and wrote you guys..........but I will remain relaxed. Not uptight about this really, as I think it is a dying thing. Chicks don't dig smoggers.

OK I will relax :ROFLMAO: hahahahahaha you didn't quote anyone and wrote you guys..........but I will remain relaxed. Not uptight about this really, as I think it is a dying thing. Chicks don't dig smoggers.
1624727886835.jpg

Aside from being a nuisance, it's frankly dangerous, or at least I felt it in that situation.

Unfortunately, unless the police catch them(yes, my state does have a law against it) I'm guessing there's nothing that can be done.
Wow, must have been a lot of smoke.

I generally don't care about the smoke, unless it's directed into my window. But I absolutely hate the smell of unclean diesel engine exhaust. From the smell of the ratty dump trucks that populate Florida, to tug boats/sailboats and more, I truly hate it.

If I'm behind a modified diesel pickup, I do my best to pass them and leave them far behind. As I don't want to be subject to the smell any longer than necessary.

Weirdly, my father hated the smell too, and as a child I didn't. I could not understand why he hated it so much. At some point around age 35, I just could not stand it anymore.

These types are unfortunately pretty common in my locale. Most of them tend to be fairly young with a well heeled dad/mom, and live in the basement of the very large and well appointed family domicile.
Same here, mommy and daddy money or around here we have several that have a diesel pickup that the probably paid 40g for, put 20k or more into it, as and they live in a barely habitable shack or old broken down trailer.

Recently one of the locals that have a bro dozer had a condemned sticker slapped on the front door by the health department. It takes alot to get to that point around here..... they must have spent all of thier money on pickup trucks and forgot your house should have water..... but if your going to haul water to your shack might as well do it in a diesel bro dozer because if not are you really "country"?

I saw a whole lot of this in my area about 10-12 years ago. They were known for targeting motorcyclists, bicyclists and anyone in a small car. Lots of overtime at the battery plant and Mom's basement equaled big bucks diesel mafia. Very often in packs. It had seemed to completely disappear for some years, but I've recently seen it again, several times. Next gen, I guess.

The biggest rage for the past couple of years around here, seems to be backfire "tunes". Not trucks, but smaller poorly done 50th gen Fast and Furious cars. Loud to very loud bangs or pops when backing off the throttle. Intentionally done at every home on a road. Constantly on and off the throttle wherever they go. Many calls to police about homes being fired on. I suppose at the cheesy end, it could be done by disabling secondary air injection? At the expense of cat converters. No interest at all from law enforcement. Zero road enforcement for any violations for several years.
Is that what that popping and backfiring is?
People pay for that? Learn something new everyday.

I’ve seen on YouTube you can tune a 370Z to have backfire and shoot flames from mufflers.

I’ve seen on YouTube you can tune a 370Z to have backfire and shoot flames from mufflers.
Omg I've seen people do that. All I do is shake my head and say a prayer for that poor car. What I always see is them deleting the dual exhaust and piping a huge single fartcan exhaust pointing sideways 🤮

Yeah I don't know why the backfiring thing has taken off. It sounds dumb and like the car has a problem. It's common on the leaning Chevy trucks too. Don't see as much coal rolling around here as you do popping and backfiring leaning Sheeivyy truuuuucks weaving all over the road.

You can do that with pretty much any car without a catalytic converter or put a spark plug in your exhaust and have your car to run rich.

The result of the "pop" and "bang" to me is only appreciated if the car is actually fast. Otherwise it's nothing more than show.

Back