Rolling Coal...a perpetual annoyance

I slowed down and motioned for the driver to get over, which they did without hesitation.
Mental midgets tend to get tight panties and a lot less blood to their pea branes when offered courtesy. It somehow makes them think the other person is weak. Combine that with ANY kind of hand motion and those type of dickweeds are about to blow! I am very "nice" on the road (you know PNW driving) but situations like this (not always) I shoot ahead. Of course there are some asses, downhill for example, when you do not want them behind you.

Difficult to believe that authorities will usually chase down a truck owner based on evidence from a dash cam provided by a concerned citizen. I would think they would only be interested if it can be actually observed.

There are a lot of crime activities these days not being actively enforced. Not saying this is the way it should be, rather just saying the way that it at least appears to be.

Mental midgets tend to get tight panties and a lot less blood to their pea branes when offered courtesy. It somehow makes them think the other person is weak. Combine that with ANY kind of hand motion and those type of dickweeds are about to blow! I am very "nice" on the road (you know PNW driving) but situations like this (not always) I shoot ahead. Of course there are some asses, downhill for example, when you do not want them behind you.
Emphasis on the blow part.............

I've had the same thing happen to me but I was riding my bicycle. So they came up from behind and as they got up close to me they covered me with black smoke.
Me too, I was riding my bike on a rural highway in Texas. The guy rolled coal on me and then split. Well about 7-8 miles later I spot the same truck parked at a grain store. I was riding about 18-20 mph so it didn't take that long to catch up with him. Golden opportunity. Thought about letting the air out of his tires but in the end I let it go and kept riding.

I was on a timed 600K Randonneuring event and if it had devolved into the police being called or something I probably would have timed out on the event at the next control. But I was pretty mad about the whole thing.

I've had this done to me also. I usually don't like involving cops but this is rude and I have enough problems with my health. I think it may be possible to turn these people in and get money for doing it. A portion of the fine? I've also seen videos of drag strips with diesel trucks smoking the fans out, no thanks!

I forgot to mention, my WRX was Satin White, 3-4 years ago some 3 year old did it to someone else, like 4 cars ahead..........and even then the soot was so liquid it splattered all over my hood. Wow. Half fuel, half soot. Nasty.

If I was on a bike? Holy poop.

Chasing down individual won't do much, you need to sue the manufacturer of these equipment or sting op to chase down shops that does the mod.

Yeah I live in an area where farms and ranchettes are just getting converted into neighborhoods and there is a "custom diesel shop" behind the neighborhood.

They clearly are not good enough mechanics to make a living at doing it, and they have their own virtual junkyard out there leaching who-knows-what into the soil.

The worst part is they tend to do their testing and tuning at the odd hours of the night, since they clearly have day jobs. They tend to roll lots of coal when they are testing and it ends up in people's backyards. So not only is it loud at 1AM, but they leave soot all over the place. I actually don't usually get the soot in my yard but I can hear them revving up the diesel motors they work on and it is loud.

The houses that are worst affected by the soot, the original owners actually sold their houses and moved away. Sad.

The HOA has tried contacting almost every governmental organization out there to stop them but to no avail. Their excuse: We were here first!

This is the outfit:

Yeah I live in an area where farms and ranchettes are just getting converted into neighborhoods and there is a "custom diesel shop" behind the neighborhood.

They clearly are not good enough mechanics to make a living at doing it, and they have their own virtual junkyard out there leaching who-knows-what into the soil.

The worst part is they tend to do their testing and tuning at the odd hours of the night, since they clearly have day jobs. They tend to roll lots of coal when they are testing and it ends up in people's backyards. So not only is it loud at 1AM, but they leave soot all over the place. I actually don't usually get the soot in my yard but I can hear them revving up the diesel motors they work on and it is loud.

The houses that are worst affected by the soot, the original owners actually sold their houses and moved away. Sad.

The HOA has tried contacting almost every governmental organization out there to stop them but to no avail. Their excuse: We were here first!

This is the outfit:
"Family owned and operated" huh? I'd say they are no better than large corp that are mindful of being a lawsuit target.

This is the outfit:
Sounds like they WERE there first.

Don’t build your house under the pattern if you don’t want to hear the jets.

I don’t condone the behavior mentioned by OP but there are a lot of Karen’s in this thread.

Most of you guys have no problem running your poorly tuned 65-whatever with zero emissions. A diesel does it and all the sudden it’s bad?

And before I get ad-hominemed to death - I do not currently, nor have I ever owned a diesel or on-road vehicle with no emissions.

I don’t condone the behavior mentioned by OP but there are a lot of Karen’s in this thread.

Most of you guys have no problem running your poorly tuned 65-whatever with zero emissions. A diesel does it and all the sudden it’s bad?

And before I get ad-hominemed to death - I do not currently, nor have I ever owned a diesel or on-road vehicle with no emissions.
I have no real problem with someone deleting the emissions system off their diesel trucks, but tuning it so it rolls coal on public roads is crossing the line.

They were there first, but they are breaking the law by intentionally disabling emissions devices and want to go on about doing it like nobody saw or heard anything.

And then there's just the general inconsideration, who revs up their barely muffled diesel motors to redline at 1am? Not somebody who's interested in being a good neighbor. I suspect at least some of the noise is only in pursuit of intentionally annoying their neighbors. If they want to rev up their engines in the daytime, that's fine. I keep my headset on most of the day when I'm working anyway, and the rest of the family is gone for a fair portion of the day.

They were there first, but they are breaking the law by intentionally disabling emissions devices and want to go on about doing it like nobody saw or heard anything.

And then there's just the general inconsideration, who revs up their barely muffled diesel motors to redline at 1am? Not somebody who's interested in being a good neighbor. I suspect at least some of the noise is only in pursuit of intentionally annoying their neighbors. If they want to rev up their engines in the daytime, that's fine. I keep my headset on most of the day when I'm working anyway, and the rest of the family is gone for a fair portion of the day.

Again, you moved next to them. Caveat emptor.

A 65-whatever with little to no emissions equipment factory, which might make a bit of a stink if you are following close isn't even remotely comparable to a modern diesel that's been intentionally tuned to belch huge noxious clouds of black smoke and blast carcinogenic particulate all over people and their property. One is a product, performing as it was required during the time it was produced, the other is a product intentionally modified to be obnoxious and a menace.

A properly tuned diesel does NOT belch massive clouds of particulate. I've seen numerous properly tuned diesels that made fantastic power numbers with not much more than a slight haze to the exhaust.

This is like justifying somebody dropping black market ordinance from a crop duster on their back field to kill groundhogs but saying it's A-OK because they were there first, completely ignoring the illegality of what is being perpetrated.

There's nothing wrong with the guys running a diesel tuning shop, presuming it is operating within the confines of what's legal with the emissions regulations and the like. But many of these small shops are deleting federally mandated emissions equipment from road-going vehicles and then intentionally tuning them to fog black pea soup, which, from the description provided, is what is taking place here. That's not only being a complete prick, it's also illegal, which nullifies any claims to legitimacy regarding their presence pre-dating these other homes. I can't blast a garbage can of coal ash on my neighbour's car and house two houses down from me just because I was here first, that's simply not appropriate on my part.

I know lots of folks like you guys. Move to the country and then get mad at farmers running the tractor at all hours. Again - caveat emptor.

And really - the hyperbolic nonsense in these responses - equating a deleted diesel to dropping bombs from an airplane? What?

“I believe in freedom - exactly like they tell me to.” - Karen’s of BITOG.

Oh the humanity, they removed emissions equipment!

I know lots of folks like . Move to the country and then get mad at farmers running the tractor at all hours. Again - caveat emptor.

And really - the hyperbolic nonsense in these responses - equating a deleted diesel to dropping bombs from an airplane? What?

I actually don't care about deleted emissions on diesels, but the rolling coal thing is not efficient or powerful. Its a tune just for blowing carbon.

Pull them over and take the tags until its repaired and safe for public streets.

I know lots of folks like you guys. Move to the country and then get mad at farmers running the tractor at all hours. Again - caveat emptor.

You don't do subtle well, do you? THAT is not what I wrote not even close.

OK - so it's fine for your neighbor to set his targets on the very edge of his property toward YOUR house and just plink away? Because he was there first?

I actually don't care about deleted emissions on diesels, but the rolling coal thing is not efficient or powerful. Its a tune just for blowing carbon.

Pull them over and take the tags until its repaired and safe for public streets.
I think rolling coal is stupid. So is shaking your fist at everything someone does that you don’t like.

You don't do subtle well, do you? THAT is not what I wrote not even close.

OK - so it's fine for your neighbor to set his targets on the very edge of his property toward YOUR house and just plink away? Because he was there first?
It’s not close to what you wrote because I was referring to someone else’s post. Relax.

Back