Rock Auto now carries Calorstat thermostats. How are they?

Is Calorstat as good as OE, or are they just reboxed Motorad? :cautious:

Calorstat seems to be an OE supplier, but that doesn't mean their aftermarket thermostats are good. After all, even Motorad is an OE supplier.

If Calorstat is any good, then you have another good option at a good price, now that Stant was bought off by Motorad and killed off.

So far, without knowing the quality of aftermarket Calorstat thermostats, the best options seems to be OE, Aisin, Mahle, then Facet.

Has anyone here bought a Calorstat from Rock Auto? :unsure:

Reactions: D60
Honda R18
1701643826349.jpg

Toyota AZ/MZ/GR engines
1701643928481.jpg

They look decent quality, many NOS models seem to be made in France
Fill a Citroen Ami with a case of these, and some more Total oil, and ship it over 😀 🫡🇫🇷

We're gonna hope Motorad has a separate assembly line for OEM stuff? Or maybe they just left the Stant line alone after purchase.

Perhaps the Not Total Crap line? Clearly I missed my calling in marketing/advertising
I bought a thermostat for my Jeep from the dealership for like $35. Popped out my Auto Zone Duralast which was a reboxed Motorad, and they were 100% identical.

I’ve had no problems.

We're gonna hope Motorad has a separate assembly line for OEM stuff? Or maybe they just left the Stant line alone after purchase.

Perhaps the Not Total Crap line? Clearly I missed my calling in marketing/advertising

Motorad killed the Stant line after acquiring them :sneaky:

Back