RL Shockproof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an across a few vendors that recommend use of Redline Shockproof Gear Oil in motorcycle trannys (where such oil is NOT shared with the crankcase). Is anyone out there using this product. I am also very interested in knowing if anyone is using this product in a motorcycle shaft drive differential. It is some incredible stuff and sticks to gears like Elmers glue as described by my brother. Any thoughts or experience?

I use it in my Harley TC88 6 speed trans with excellent results. Turns the Harley crunch into a click. It's worth the $$ for me because I only have to change it once a year. I don't know about the shaft drive. I would call Dave at Redline on that one.

I use the Shockproof HEavy in my Harley TC88 6 speed trans with excellent results. Turns the Harley crunch into a click. It's worth the $$ for me because I only have to change it once a year. I don't know about the shaft drive. I would call Dave at Redline on that one.

I use the Shockproof heavy in my HD's transmission, and PT1 is right. It does make a Harley's transmission "click".

On the other hand, I have read reports that the Shockproof heavy in BMW differentials can foam out through the vent hole, making a big mess. Thats why I use Redline 75-140 in my Bimmers transmission and differential. No complaints so far.

We've had good results with the shockproof heavy in just about all Big Twin applications, especially those with some serious performance work (think 150+hp). I haven't seen a reason to NOT run it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back